Lovely crunchy wedges

Lucky7

Lucky7
In the past I've sometimes struggled with getting my wedges to be nice and crisp, but they were bloomin' fantabulous today and I thought I'd share how I did it.... I cut them up and instead of drying them I tossed them in a mix of smash powder; salt; pepper; paprika; garlic; and a veg oxo cube. I put them on my holey baking tray (sprayed with frylight) and sprayed the top with frylight. They came out lovely and crunchy and tasty. Will def do like that again.

:D

Well, I didn't. Maybe a purist would say yes, but hardly any actually stuck really. It more just dries the surfaces so they can get crisped up properly. I used half a pack of the cheapo Asda version, but in future wouldn't bother putting more than a few heaped tablespoons in the bowl (and even that wouldn't all stick).

Well, I didn't. Maybe a purist would say yes, but hardly any actually stuck really. It more just dries the surfaces so they can get crisped up properly. I used half a pack of the cheapo Asda version, but in future wouldn't bother putting more than a few heaped tablespoons in the bowl (and even that wouldn't all stick).

Ohhh sounds good. I'll try that!

Oooooh yummy. We don't have smash powder here but I could make some from what you stated. Yum yum with some peppered steak!

Back