1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Lovely FREE Pasta Bake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Princess_Stevie, 23 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    So last night after group I was starving, and looking for something warm and hearty to fill me up. I didn't have a lot in the cupboards, so thought I'd experiment and see if I could come up with a nice pasta bake type dish.

I added pasta to a casserole dish, until it was about 1/3rd of the way full. I used wholeweat pasta, but any pasta would be great.

I then chopped a red onion and a couple of chicken breasts into pieces, and fried them off in FryLight. Once the onions were softened and the chicken was browned, I added a full carton of Passatta, a teaspoon full of chopped chilli, and a teaspoon full of garlic, and stirred. I let the mixute bubble away.

Once the sauce looked ready, I poured it over the pasta. It looked a lot thicker than I'd hope, so I boiled the kettle and added the boiling so that the pasta was covered and gave it a stir. I then added chopped peppers and sweetcorn to the dish, and gave it another stir so that it was all mixed in.

Then pop a lid on the cassorole dish and place in the oven. It took about 20 minutes or so, after which I removed the lid, added grated cheese (HExA) and placed back in the oven for another 10 minutes.

I served it on it's own, as it was packed full of SuperFree, but it would be lovely served with salad/vegetables too. It's a very simple recipe, but it might be handy for those who want to make something quick but yummy.

Enjoy xx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vicky1804

vicky1804 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Oh this sounds gorgeous and the sort of thing I love eating.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.