low alcohol vs alcohol free confusion

loumoo

Hi there

Sorry if this has been asked before - I had a search and couldn't see anything, but do please point me towards any relevant discussions.

Anyway, I have just counted up my syns for this week and it comes to a massive 135. ALL of this has been on wine so I'm looking for alternatives. I see in my food optimising book that "alcohol free" wine is 2.5 per 175ml, but "low alcohol" is only 2.0 per 175ml. How does this work?

Also - what percentage constitues "low alcohol"? And can anyone recommend any good varieties to try?

Thanks in advance!

I know that Lambrini Light has 40calories per serving, and I *think* it works out at 12syns per bottle. I know that it's 5.5% alcohol :) xxx

Thanks RubyMoss. Just looked it up in my directory and it's 2.5 per 142ml.....I will have to search that out! If the bottle is 750ml that would be 13 syns...much better than the 25.5 for standard wine!

Thanks RubyMoss. Just looked it up in my directory and it's 2.5 per 142ml.....I will have to search that out! If the bottle is 750ml that would be 13 syns...much better than the 25.5 for standard wine!

Yeah, it's a 750ml bottle. I was pretty close with the syns, 13 isn't too bad at all! :)

It's £1.48 from Asda, if you have one nearby!

xxx

ARGH. That is probably the only supermarket I don't have nearby....Tesco, Waitrose, Morrison and the Co-op are my staples. Potentially Morrisons might stock it??? £1.48 is a bit of a brucey bargain too!!

I can't find lambrusco light doing a search on the SW website.....if you have a particular brand maybe?

Back