Low blood sugar...

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Just thought I'd post in case anyone has any ideas.... I've had a health mot at work today & due to the results my blood was tested on 3 different machines & all came back with the results that I have very low blood sugar. It was 1.1 before lunch & after a high carb lunch still 1.3.

I am seeing nurse at our surgery on Friday anyway so am going to talk to her. Our work occ health advisor has told me the docs can't treat me but can advise me on what to eat.

Anyone else have the same problem?

had you eaten anything?
have you done a fasting blood sugar?
presume you are not diabetic?

poppy100 said:
had you eaten anything?
have you done a fasting blood sugar?
presume you are not diabetic?

Yea I'd had my breakfast & they sent me back to have it checked again after my lunch & had Only gone up 0.2 to 1.3

Am seeing nurse who will no doubt order bloods but diabetes not been picked up before & out occ health advisor at work said if I was diabetic & it was that low I'd be in a coma.

It's just a bit worrying, thanks for replying x

i think if it is low and you had diabetes that would have suggested type I and this is picked up when they are young. if you are type II i dont think you usually have low blood sugars and it is hight blood sugars that you get (i am type II - associated with being overweight)

blood tests are needed. good luck. it is always a concern when there is something wrong.

poppy100 said:
i think if it is low and you had diabetes that would have suggested type I and this is picked up when they are young. if you are type II i dont think you usually have low blood sugars and it is hight blood sugars that you get (i am type II - associated with being overweight)

blood tests are needed. good luck. it is always a concern when there is something wrong.

Thanks Poppy, I would have thought as you say it would have been picked up before I was nearly 37 if I had type 1 diabetes!!!!! I think I just need I snack more x

Try spreading your food out over the day more, maybe not eat more but smaller meals more often. Also, if your lunch was slow release carb it won't have an effect on your blood sugar for a while, maybe they had retested you too soon after? Some people have naturally low blood sugar and just need to be aware of it so that it's the first thing you think of when feeling under par. My small son has all sorts of nutritional issues and, as per his dietician, he eats every 2 hours from he wakens until he goes to bed, school facilitate this this too. If he doesn't eat he will get really grumpy, tired, clingy, lose concentration etc. Otherwise it works perfectly for him.
As Poppy says, blood tests required and a long chat with the nurse. Good luck,

KB x

Don't know if it helps but my mum (55) was diagnosed with type 1 last year after never having anything before. However at anything below 3 she becomes really ill!

Thanks busybee but as you say your mum gets ill below 3, our occ health advisor who is type 1 diabetic told me I would be in a coma if it was that low

Well fasting blood tests a week on Monday, the nurse I see went to see the diabetes nurse who said that if my blood sugar was that low I'd be in hospital & they don't believe the readings. That made me feel a lot better & I'll stop worrying now....

Ahhh that's good news. :) x

Hi, noobie here!
I'm planning to start CD this week but I have a concern. I have hypoglycemia and can't function at all when hungry. Has anyone dealt with this? Should I not do sole sourcing? Any advice would be appreciated!!

I think you're in the wrong forum. I presume cd is Cambridge diet. But I've no idea what sole sourcing is sorry

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back