Low Cal/Low Carb during the week

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by lefthandside78, 25 October 2011 Social URL.

1. lefthandside78

lefthandside78 New Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi All,
    I have devised my own diet plan, which I know isn't really recommended, but I am getting all of my nutrients etc and checking this on MyFitnessPal!
    Anyway, I am just wondering whether anyone else has had success doing something similar!
    Sunday-Thursday I am eating between 600-800 cals, carbs below 60g and everything is low fat. I'm having three meals a day (at least one is an Exante shake) in the evening I have meat or fish and a plateful of veg. However at the weekends I will have a few carbs and have a few drinks, still monitoring cals and carbs but these levels will be more than during the week - eg last Saturday I had 2000 cals and 120g carbs - this included alcohol!!
    I started this last Monday and Monday-Friday last week I dropped 7lbs, over the weekend I gained 2lbs, official weigh in was this Monday so total loss for the week was 5lbs.
    I weighed myself this morning (I know I shouldn't!) and had gained another pound!!!
    I'm hoping by next Monday I'll be happy with the scales!
    Anyway, has anyone done anything similar? Successfully or not successfully?
    Any advice would be great
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. Fuffs

Fuffs This is really the time!

Start Weight:
    26st13lb
    Current Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(16.45%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Can I just say (in case anyone else is doing the same) switching from low cal/low carb to high cal/high carb each half a week would leave your body in a state. Our bodies need to know where we are at.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.