Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Low calorie intake <800, is this new diet better?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by jtm, 5 July 2007 Social URL.

1. jtm

jtm New Member

I recently started dieting. I am trying to follow a healthy japanese diet, but in America this isn't very easy. This has been for the past few days. I am worried because japanese diet doesn't seem to have a lot of calories involved in it and I get full off it. I recently went out and bought tons of fruit, some chicken, salmon, multi-grain bread, soy bean drink, green tea, sushi. The past few days I have eaten 3 meals a day. I try to eat 1 bowl of cereal with a green tea. Sometimes I don't use milk, but I have 2% milk. Then for lunch I've been eating sushi, with a salad and or miso soup. And for dinner I have been eating salad, one day I had tuna with my garden salad and the other just plain vinegar with a garden salad (olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc). At any rate, I have been exercising a lot, this consists of walking for 1+ hours a day, playing Wii Sports for about 1 hour a day, sit-ups, weights. This is a big jump from me sitting down and eating HUGE meals of pasta, and pizza and never walking. Today I woke up late, and missed breakfast, so I had a can of tuna in the morning, my japanese place was closed due to 4th of July, so I had to buy sushi at the supermarket. All I ate today was 1 can of tuna, 8 (or 6!) pieces of rainbow roll sushi, tea (0 calories), 1 cup of orange juice (110 calories). I know this is WAY under my recommended amount! I am worried, I want to lose weight and I am 215 lbs and 5'8 male. I am scared I'll start gaining weight because of the low calorie intake, but I simply can't find a lot of calories, and I get full after each meal. How can I find more calories and still live this healthy lifestyle. I plan on doing this:

breakfast: 1 bowl of cereal (some whole grain cereal not a lot of sugar!) or 2 eggs (protein) + 1 fruit (kiwi, watermelon, orange, or an apple (green or red)) maybe a yogurt (activa) and green tea. Tuna in a can is an option also!

Computer

water
    Exercise (Wii Sports, walking outside, cycling, swimming, etc)
    water

Computer

lunch: sushi if possible (1 random roll), miso soup, 1 fruit (same choice as above), green tea or soy drink.

Computer

water
    water

Computer

~6:00PM: dinner: Grilled chicken or grilled salmon or tuna, rice if possible for carbs, spices for meat (no salt), soy drink or orange juice or water. Possibly veggies if I can get any!!!

Right after dinner desert: fruit!

Computer

water
    water

Computer

(sometimes I get hungry but I ignore it at this point, too late to eat!)

Green tea before bed

Sleep and repeat

Does this diet seem to be OK for my weight? Will I still be under required calories per day? The portions I eat are medium sized, not tooo small not tooo large. I stay low in sodium and cholesterol as much as possible (do not exceed 100% daily value). I focus on carbs and protein to increase metabolism. From my old diet for the past week or so I was taking in way under 1000 calories I think which is very bad... I've been exercising a lot. Does this new diet work for my weight and height and my moderate-high physical activity?

Thank you,
    Another nerdy obese American:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Gosh - that's quite an intense regime! I can't comment on the calorific content and whether it's suitable for you as I'm not a dietician; hopefully someone better qualified will be along in a little while.

The diet does seem to contain plenty of protein and vits although it does seem a bit starchy-carb deficient for someone who is doing as much exercise as you. Do you ever feel light-headed after one of your exercise sessions?

I also don't see a lot of iron rich foods (red meat / dark leafy veg). As I said though, I'm no dietician so can't competently advise.

Good luck with losing weight and getting healthy!

4. jtm

jtm New Member

Привет (hello)! I figured I was getting a decent amount of carbs from my rice in the sushi. I don't generally watch my carbs, but I do want to recieve a lot to speed up my metabolism! What are some carb infested foods low in sodium and fat?

5. jtm

jtm New Member

This morning's breakfast:

Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein Kellogs Smart Start Cinnamon Raisin
    breakfast 1.00 190 3g 0mg 115mg 38g 15g 5g 6g x
    ^ Servings consumed:
    Serving size: 1 Cup (51g/1.8oz)
    Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack

Granny Smith Apple
    breakfast 1.00 130 1g 0mg 0mg 22g 17g 4g 0g x
    ^ Servings consumed:
    Serving size: 1 medium apple (154g)
    Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack

Milk 2% 1.00 120 5g 20mg 120mg 12g 13g 0g 8g x
    ^ Servings consumed:
    Serving size: 8 oz or 1 cup

Danon Activa Light Fat Free - Strawberry 1.00 70 0g 0mg 80mg 13g 8g 3g 5g x
    ^ Servings consumed:
    Serving size: 1 Container

Salada Green Tea Traditional 1.00 0 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g x
    ^ Servings consumed:
    Serving size: 1 tea bag

Bolthouse Farms Perfect Protein: Vanilla Chai Tea With Soy Protein 1.00 160 3g 0mg 60mg 25g 21g 0g 10g x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.