Low Calorie slow cooker recipes

Tracey1000

Hi
Has anyone got any good low calorie slow cooker recipes they could share?

I've just go mine out of the back of the cupboard. I've had it ages and hardly used it.

Sorry - I've post this request in another thread, then saw this one specifically for recipes! Apologies. x

I've got some recipe books I'm gonna look through tonight for inspiration but a basic stew is ok cal wise, loads of veg the ur browned meat the thicken at end with Bisto.

Another good one is roast chicken, pop ur chicken in either on it's own or with chopped veg underneath then about an inch of water and whatever herbs u like x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love to slow cook a whole chicken ~ I just add the whole chicken as is to the pot (skin removed) with no water and cook on high for 5hrs. You've got chicken coming out of your ears afterwards! :D

Cowboy Stew

370 Calories
Makes 6 servings

1 1/4 lbs. beef stew meat
4 potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 4" pcs.
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (28 oz.) can Baked beans in BBQ Sauce

Mix beef, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper in 3 1/2 qt. to 4 qt. slow cooker. Spread beans over beef mixture. Cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hrs. or until beef is tender.

I used Minced beef steak and I also added worcestershire sauce, but towards the end it seemed a bit dried up so i added some boiled water - it was absolutely delicious.

Last edited:
Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner

300 Calories
Serves 4

• 1 fresh whole frying chicken, rinsed, giblets removed
  • 8 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
  • 6 potatoes, peeled
  • 1 package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 tsp. basil
  • 1 cup chicken stock or dry white wine
Place chicken, carrots, and potatoes in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over. Cover and cook on high about 5 hours or on low about 9 hours, until chicken leg and thigh come off easily when pulled.

I came across this recipe and decided to have it for tea, delicious.

Crock Pot "Baked" Potatoes

190 Calories
Servings: 4

• 4 medium russet potatoes
  • aluminum foil
  • Toppings (extra cals): light sour cream, fresh chives, bacon bits, broccoli, cheese

Wash and scrub potatoes until clean. Dry thoroughly. When dry, prick potatoes with a fork and wrap in aluminum foil.

Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.

The most delicious Baked Potatoes I have ever tried, however, if you like crunchy skin, the skins are quite soft.

Baked Slow Cooker Chicken

408 Calories
Serves 6

• 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions

1. Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  2. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika, and place in the slow cooker on top of the crumbled aluminum foil.
  3. Set the slow cooker to High for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for about 8 to 10 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

Chicken Cacciatore

286 Calories
Serves 3

3 chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless)
1 tsp salt
1 dash pepper
1 Tablespoon onion flakes
1 green pepper chopped
1 teaspoon garlic minced
15 ounces canned tomatoes
4 ounces sliced canned mushrooms, drained (I usuallly make without or use fresh)
2 tespoons tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp thyme
1 onion chopped

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, Add chicken to top
Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.

Can serve with rice.

Slow Cooker Potato Beef Casserole

408 Calories
Serves 5

• 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 5 ounces dried cheddar and bacon potatoes
  • 1 lb. corn kernels, thawed if frozen
  • 1 can condensed cream of roasted garlic soup
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 Tbs. dry sherry
  • 1/2 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, chopped
  • 1/4 lb. canned diced mild green chilies, drained
Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté ground meat and onions 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is browned. Discard excess drippings. Sprinkle dried potatoes and corn over bottom of an electric slow cooker on low heat. Combine remaining ingredients and mix packet from potatoes in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Pour about 1/3 soup mixture over corn and potatoes. Do not mix. Add beef mixture. Pour remaining soup mixture over top. Do not mix. Cover and cook 4 to 41/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Serve immediately.

This recipe serves 5 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 5 only.

Old post but I am Going to try this Chicken Cacciatore this week as it sounds great for a mid week meal ..... Thanks Dawnbirduk

Chicken Cacciatore 286 Calories Serves 3 3 chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless) 1 tsp salt 1 dash pepper 1 Tablespoon onion flakes 1 green pepper chopped 1 teaspoon garlic minced 15 ounces canned tomatoes 4 ounces sliced canned mushrooms, drained (I usuallly make without or use fresh) 2 tespoons tomato paste 1 bay leaf 1/4 tsp thyme 1 onion chopped Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, Add chicken to top Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours. Can serve with rice.

Back