• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Low Carb Bread - any ideas?

S: 11st0lb C: 11st0lb G: 8st0lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi, has anyone any idear fro low carb bread?. I have diabetes type 2 and need to lose some weight to get my blood glucose levels down. The problem I have is that I love bread and don't feel full without, I have tried Burgen low GI soy and linseed bread but it sends my B/G up, so any ideas?, thanks, Debra :cry:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LVLLM

Gold Member
C: 11st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3
hello :) have you tried flaxseed or oatmeal bread?

low carb bread

Thanks Vicky, can you buy theses braeds in shops or do you have to make them yourself?, Debra

Lynn_

On A Mission!
S: 17st9lb C: 10st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 7st0lb(39.68%)
you can get low carb bread mixes form this link
Bread | Low Carb Megastore

Buy yourself a bread maker and it will be easy to make it.

I love that Burgens low GI bread, cant really say if ive noticed that it pushes my BG up tho, but i was never very good at getting my diabetes under control until recently. I now eat 1 slice of wholemeal from a small hovis loaf a day, only 57 cals a slice.

What meds are you on and how are you getting on with them, whats your fasting BG? mine was 5.6 when i was on gliclazide but ive gone back to glucophage for its appetite suppresing qualities (was also getting hypos with the gliclazide) and now im getting a fasting of around 6.8 to 7.2

Thanks very much Lynn, I think I will have to give up the bread altogether, although I might have a go at making it myself. I am type 2 controlled with D/E only, my recent HbA1c was 5-9