• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Low carb Low cal/diabetic friendly recipes & suggestions

Lynn_

On A Mission!
S: 17st9lb C: 10st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 7st0lb(39.68%)

Lynn_

On A Mission!
Yoghurt Jelly

Yoghurt Jelly, one of my favourite sweet treats.

1 170g pot of Total 0% Greek yoghurt
1 sachet of Hartleys sugar free jelly

Make up the jelly with a quarter pint boiling water and stir to dissolve. Mix the yoghurt in really well till all smooth then top up with cold water to 1 pint. Divide into 3 pots (i reuse the yoghurt pots for this, I keep them all to make jellies in).

Each portion contains 45 cals and around 2.5 carbs

Lynn_

On A Mission!
Spicy Celeriac Chips

This is one of my favourite veg, and celeriac is low in net carbs. However Ive googled the carb value and every site seems to give a differnt value for it. I think this comes out at about 15 carbs for a portion but the net carbs may be a lot lower.

Take half a medium celeriac, peel it and cut into chip shaped pieces. Boil for 2 minutes only then drain and let dry off for a couple minutes.

Spray with one cal spray and sprinkle over a dessertspoon of curry powder. PLace in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Makes a lovely portion of spicy sweet tasting chips that are around 70 cals and 15 carbs a portion.

Lynn_

On A Mission!
Chocolate Mousse

Ok this isnt a recipe, its a suggestion for if you really like to have an occasional chocolate dessert.

Tesco Lighter Choice Chocolate Mousses work out at 75 cals and 12 carbs each, and are really cheap. A pack of 6 cost just 75p, so 12.5p each

Leanne1

Silver Member
S: 14st10lb C: 13st7lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 1st3lb(8.25%)
Just a very quick suggestion. If you really want a pizza, rather than blowing your bg out of the water, use aubergine sliced lengthways as the base and top with your fave toppings.
Difficult to say what the carbs/cals will be as everyone would have different toppings I would guess.:)

Lynn_

On A Mission!
I love Aubergine! that sounds like an excellent idea, I shall try that!

G: 8st8lb
Yoghurt Jelly, one of my favourite sweet treats.

1 170g pot of Total 0% Greek yoghurt
1 sachet of Hartleys sugar free jelly

Make up the jelly with a quarter pint boiling water and stir to dissolve. Mix the yoghurt in really well till all smooth then top up with cold water to 1 pint. Divide into 3 pots (i reuse the yoghurt pots for this, I keep them all to make jellies in).

Each portion contains 45 cals and around 2.5 carbs
Must try this....thanks