Low Carb Megastore

MrsDanielCraig

Does anyone use the Low Carb Megastore? Just checked it out, and has some interesting stuuf but have a couple of questions!
1) Is it worth the price?
2) Can you have it on induction? (Checked out the pittas!!!!) :p
Thanks, Adele xxx

1) Depends what you buy. For me the pitas, Heinz one carb ketchup and choco perfection bars are worth it.

2) Again depends. I'd avoid the pittas until you're safely in ketosis at least and probably until you've finished induction (unless you plan to stay on it for an extended period of time). The pittas are great though and open up a whole new group of foods. Wait though if you can!

Thanks J2BLUE, will take me about 4 months to save up with their prices anyway! Will put it in my favourites for when I am DESPERATE!!!!! We all know its gonna happen, lol!
Adele x

I love the low carb tortillas. Use them like naan breads for curries and wraps for chillis :)
its so bloomin expensive though im trying to steer clear. and beware the SF sweets unless you are near a toilet.

I love the low carb tortillas. Use them like naan breads for curries and wraps for chillis :)
its so bloomin expensive though im trying to steer clear. and beware the SF sweets unless you are near a toilet.

'Takes SF sweets out of shopping cart' :whistle:

no they are great for a quick fix but too many and jeez!!!!

Atkins has a food pyramid - 'rungs' of different foods that you add back gradually, in order, as you go along. You can't have grains in Induction, alas, but you can substitute flaxmeal MIMs (muffin-in-a-minute) for bread and rolls.

See the recipe thread for yummy ideas!

Atkins has a food pyramid - 'rungs' of different foods that you add back gradually, in order, as you go along. You can't have grains in Induction, alas, but you can substitute flaxmeal MIMs (muffin-in-a-minute) for bread and rolls.

See the recipe thread for yummy ideas!

thanks. i go away in 7 weeks so i'm being very strict. its getting quite hard as i've gone off oopsie rolls and wasn't too struck on celariac chips.

I wasn't too struck on oopsies,I had one with a burger and it tasted so sweet I had to bin it!,I think it must've reacted with something in the burger.
What do celeriac chips taste like?

like parsnips/sweet potatoes. its strange because i like roasted sweet potatoes ( with normal roasties and mash lol)

i made them tonight and couldnt stomach finishing them

i have a feeling they would stall me. ive had to bin the pork scratchings because i hadn't lost in over a week. if its not them then its the pop ( my only vice is cheap crap sugar/calorie/carb free pop from asda)lol

Does it have citric acid in it? That can do it for people - and what about cheese, cream and mayo - they stall me :(

Does it have citric acid in it? That can do it for people - and what about cheese, cream and mayo - they stall me :(

yes it does ( i knew it did) first 3 weeks of atkins i lost no problem even though i was drinking it. i have small amounts of cheese. dont touch cream or mayo.

i've binned the scratchings so i'm hoping its them and i begin to lose again

Back