Low Carb Snacks

RickCov

A thread For people in need of some low carb snacks but cant seem to find many.

I only seem to be snacking on pork scratchings and fridge raiders atm (although am a fan of both)

Please post your favourite ones here. They can be cooked or uncooked and state which phase :)

Thanks!

Apparently you can have pepperami :))

Snacks are pretty easy actually. Cheese, hardboiled egg, crispy bacon (can buy it already cooked). I sometimes make ovenbaked mushroom frittata and cut it into squares, I think it is even nicer cold than hot.

Be careful of Fridge Raiders, most of them have more than 3grams carb per pack so remember to check the packet and add it in to your days total.

I have deviled eggs in the fridge, they're great! I do have pepperami's for at work and you can't go wrong with ham, cheese and mayo wrapped up in a lettuce leaf.

Fridge raiders have sugar if memory serves me right, most pre-cooked chicken things do. All that stuff at Tesco, Asda etc, all cooked with sugar water to aid browning. Be very careful with ready to eat chicken items.

Thanks for the tip Jayne, I wasn't aware of this. I just read that they were 1.4g carb and went for it! :-D.

It's not that it will necessarily affect your loss Rick, but it will make your sugar levels spike, which isn't a good thing, especially during induction. I would say that if you were out an about and caught short then they'd most definitely be preferable to a butty or a pie, but to have at home, I'd say don't waste your money. Far better to cook some chicken yourself and mix it with mayo and paprika, better for Atkins and far tastier :D

Halloumi fried cheese :)) or. Cheese strings

Back