Low carb soup

jools1986

Silver Member
which ones are good for use in induction?
Or does anyone have any good recipes for low carb soup?

Thanks xx

ive checked out 'cream of chicken' heinz and was astonished at the carb count, couldnt really afford half a tin a day BUT im sure there is a recipe for soup here somewhere,

creamy soups are the best i would presume, creamy mushroom/chicken...even a good beef soup but always make your own, less additives and preservatives that boost the carbs :D

Last edited:
I just love cauliflower soup, but I'm easily pleased! lol!

I boil my cauli in some chicken stock with some garlic and then stick it in the blender when I'm done.

Sometimes I saute a leek and garlic in butter before I add the cauli and stock.

But I Only use enough water to cover the veg because I dont want it too runny, and I'm not a fan of cream soup.

you could always try adding some Xantham gum to thicken it?

I just love cauliflower soup, but I'm easily pleased! lol!

I boil my cauli in some chicken stock with some garlic and then stick it in the blender when I'm done.

Sometimes I saute a leek and garlic in butter before I add the cauli and stock.

But I Only use enough water to cover the veg because I dont want it too runny, and I'm not a fan of cream soup.

I keep meaning to buy xantham gum. Will have a look in asda tomorrow if i remember :)

I picked a few tubes of it up in Sainsburys last week (think it was Doves Farm). Each tube seemed like it was leaking and powder was going everywhere. So I didn't bother

Xanthum gum is great! Yes it does look like it's going to leak out of the tube before you even get it home but it doesn't and that one little tub has been going for months now.

Broccolli and stilton soup is lovely and very easy to make.

That's what we know as the Freaks, Geeks and Weirdo's aisle :D

I did a recky at tesco last night for a soup on the go, rather than making it (busy bee i am) and the best i could find is the Tesco (Brand Discount) just the same as normal but it is called Oaktree Estate Cream of Chicken Soup. It is a 400g tin and it contains 10g of carbs or 5g for half a tin, 2.8 carbs of which sugars (full). fat content if anyone was looking is 10.4g (full) of which saturates 2.4g (full) I dont know if anyone can find better but iam gonna check the other shops when i get chance. :)

10G is a lot for just a tin of soup isn't it.

I know but i figured that, i could have 2 sausages or bacon for breakfast, soup for dinner and chicken and salad or 10g veg for tea and i'am still under my 20g for induction. or is that a bit bad?

No that's fine love, but not on a daily basis I'd suggest or you won't be getting enough veggies in. :)

Beef and veg soup

Heat up a pack of Knorr beef stock (0.1 carbs per 100g)
Yellow pepper
Mushrooms
Herbs
A green chilli

- in a big pan and boil then simmer for five minutes. Makes about four bowls.

Cheers

Susie

Now thats sounds very yummy, mmmm :)

Back