Low Carb Store Website

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Hey guys, i just wanted to post this link to a website i found that sells low carb products.

Atkins Product, bar | Low Carb Megastore, Carbohydrate Diet, shopping, chocolate, diet, food

I am thinking of using some products from the site to help me lose weight alongside using CD shakes (i can only stomach 1 flavour of shakes).

I was wondering if anyone has used this site before or tasted the products?? I'm especially interested in the shakes, bars and snacks for now. I know you used to be able to buy some of the 'Atkins Advantage' products in shops but i've never tasted them and was hoping someone could share their experiences of using these products.

I'm also interested to hear any opinions on whether it is actually possible to only use the products from the site to live a low carb lifestyle and also whether its a good idea to incorporate some products from the site into your diet after you finish CD.

I would really appreciate any opinions/advice/experiences.

Thanks in advance for your replies :)
xx

I used to live round the corner from this store, I shopped there weekly :) it was expensive :( however everything I had was yummy the shakes were all good and vars lovely, but I think its personal choice

Did you try the advantage shake mix or the ready to drink shakes?? Do you know if they taste chemically and grainy? I have no idea how they taste and i think you have to buy a case of 6 in 1 order!! I am interested in the chocolate and strawberry flavours.

I would use the CD shakes but i can only stomach 1 flavour and its starting to taste abit sickening :(.

xx

hiya

on my last failed restart :) i was toying with this idea too mixing it up a little etc. for me it wasnt becaus ei couldn't stomach the cd shakes but because i was bored so needless to say it didn't really get off the ground.

a friend of mine is doing the atkins diet losses very fast though obviously slower than cd, but she seems to be eating some good food especially cheese (dont know why but im craving cheese like nobodies business.... i didnt even like cheese much before cd lol.)

she hasn't mentioned a product once that she doesn't like and i know she tried a fair few.

i personally have tried their protein bars and i really donnot htink im fussy but it was awfull. i dont know the different names for them but it was the soft chewy kind of protein bar i tried a couple of flavours couldn't finnish them and would never try again.

on the other hand i tried this chocolate crisp bar they do loooooooooooooved it. with or without a diet i would eat it again!! infact i want one now! its just like normal chocolate

sorry for waffling on hope it helps keep us posted what you decide and how it works for you

Hi Maybe

I'm not exactly clear from your post. Are you planning on using the bought shakes from this store instead of your CD shakes but still as a total food replacement? Unless the other shakes are marketed as a total food replacement then that is not advisable as you won't get all your nutritional needs met and that can cause problems with your health and delay weight loss. If they are a TFR why do CD?

Experiment with the CD shakes by mixing them with coffee, ice etc. I only like 2-3 but they are enough to keep me going.

Advantage shake mix = yukky

I'm not exactly clear from your post. Are you planning on using the bought shakes from this store instead of your CD shakes but still as a total food replacement?

Hi hun, thats what i am trying to figure out. I am thinking of using the meal replacement shakes and bars (with all the vits and mins) and then having a something like the sweets, choc, crisps, wraps, desert only if i am craving them, or maybe once a week. This is so i learn to eat them in moderation and so i don’t feel deprived. If not that, then i'll probably use the products to help me adopt a low carb lifestyle or maybe use them along with 1 or 2 CD shakes a day.

The main thing is that i have no choice but to eat low carb for life because my body cannot process sugar (medication side effect) so its either at low carb and stay slim or eat helathly and gain weight.

I hope that makes sense.

Goreygirl: I read a few of your posts and you mentioned that you’re seeing a psychologist and i was just wondering if you are using CBT to change your eating habits and keeping log sheets etc.? I did these in the post and they helped me a lot, especially when writing about my emotions and how they influenced what i ate, i also noted where i ate to see if the environment and people i was around contributed to my emotional eating. I just thought i'd share this with you incase it would prove useful for you. I also wanted to recommend a book but that is helping me to change my eating habits and attitude to food. It’s called 'you can be Thin' by Marisa Peer.

xxxxxxxxx

Goreygirl: I read a few of your posts and you mentioned that you’re seeing a psychologist and i was just wondering if you are using CBT to change your eating habits and keeping log sheets etc.? I did these in the post and they helped me a lot, especially when writing about my emotions and how they influenced what i ate, i also noted where i ate to see if the environment and people i was around contributed to my emotional eating. I just thought i'd share this with you incase it would prove useful for you. I also wanted to recommend a book but that is helping me to change my eating habits and attitude to food. It’s called 'you can be Thin' by Marisa Peer.

xxxxxxxxx

Hi
Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm seeing the therapist for a bigger back ground issue but food behaviours have been part of the discussions from early on because of how they relate to my emotions/beliefs etc. He is using a CBT approach but it is not pure CBT; i've been keeping a journal for months and it does help.... when I don't purposely avoid using it that is to avoid dealing with reality :D We are using the 12 step programme for addiction for my food issues as underneath is addiction behaviours.

Hi
Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm seeing the therapist for a bigger back ground issue but food behaviours have been part of the discussions from early on because of how they relate to my emotions/beliefs etc. He is using a CBT approach but it is not pure CBT; i've been keeping a journal for months and it does help.... when I don't purposely avoid using it that is to avoid dealing with reality :D We are using the 12 step programme for addiction for my food issues as underneath is addiction behaviours.

I know when you go to see a therapist everyone is different and you have your own indvidual issues, life experiences, memories and behaviours etc that impact your life today.So i think that all of this does need to be taken into consideration to make progress, so its good to hear that you are discussing eveything with your therapist. I hope its all going well for. I know it can be a long process and even adapting new behaviours and views on things can take time and practice so i really do wish you all the best with it :) xxx

Back