low carbs wedding countdown

rjg123

Silver Member
Hi all. Im Rachel and my wedding is now under 4 wks away. ive slowly lost over a stone since Jan with a combination of ww, SW and exercise.
I gave up weighing myself a couple of months back then id have great on plan weeks, where i was running miles, where the scales didnt budge!!! even though my clothes were showing good losses due to the exercise i was doing.
Trying just about every diet plan about ive realised i FEEL slimmer doing low carb and come my wedding day that is what os important to me - feeling good about myself and liking me in my own skin. so Im doing a new diary for these few weeks; cutting carbs and doing lots of squats, lunges, weights for arms and plenty of core with the odd swim.
any comments gratefully received!

sat 7th July

Bk: coffee with sk milk, some jumbo prawns (they needed eating and had not been shopping!)
lunch: ham salad
tea: grilled lamb kebab with green pepper & onion

lots of water & sugar free squash
E: Davina boot camp dvd

sun 8th July

Bk: coffee with sk milk. 2 lean rashers of bacon wrapped in a 1 egg omlette

lunch: Greek salad ( 25g feta and 5 olives) with left over lamb kebab

tea: Went to the local pub where i had gammon with fried egg - stuffed now! Thankfully the eggs weren't too oily!

My thighs are giving me serious jip after all those lunges yesterday - got more to do in the morning. Eek!

Last edited:
As skimmed milk is high carb, you might want to swap it for cream or for unsweetened soya milk? Good luck with your plan!

moonlights said:
As skimmed milk is high carb, you might want to swap it for cream or for unsweetened soya milk? Good luck with your plan!

Thanks for that - ive tried soya but just cant stomach it. i do have green tea but just need the one coffee in the morning; with just a tiny splash of milk. Must really try to wean myself off!

Monday:
Started the day with boot camp dvd - tough today!!
Bk: scrambled eggs with chives
lunch: sardines salad
tea: chicken breast strips in garlic, Chilli & corriander with stir fried veggies (sesame oil)
Going to see what time i finish work to see if i can fit in a swim. Have my first dress fitting on weds and i want to feel good then so i must drink lots and lots of water!!!!

Hi there!

Your menus look really nice!!

Well done on your weight loss so far!!

gonabslim79 said:
Hi there!

Your menus look really nice!!

Well done on your weight loss so far!!

Thank you. I had a small amount of feta with my lunch too - it needs using and i do hate waste! That and being a paid up member of the clean your plate club are half the reason Im on minimins!! i blame my mother!

Phoenyx said:
Just popping in to say hello! Your menus do look nice! V inspiring!

Ah thanks for popping in. just working out what Im having tmro.

Bk: scrambled eggs
lunch: tuna salad
tea: lamb curry (a SW recipe in the freezer) very limited carbs.

Hi exercise wise have you tried kettlebells? Kettlercise class - great for burning loads cals and all over body work out :)

I use them myself - not as often as i should though. not always sure of the range of exercises. they are fab, but ive not done a class. will have a look to see if i can find one near me.

think ive over done the tricep kickbacks - ive got the shakes. Its my bingo wings trying to cling on for dear life!

Love using kettlebells! Makes me feel
Like she-ra!!! Lol

What's in the menu today?!!!

ooh - bit late putting on todays plan.............

Ive got my first dress fitting tonight to its a lean, lean day!

For breakfast Ive had some FF greek yogurt (not the lowest in carbs I know - but not a belly bloater either!)
Lunch - prawn salad (again nothing that will make me feel too porky for the fitting!)
Tea - Roast chicken thighs with lots of garlic and rosemary and some stir fried caggabe & bacon

Whats everyone else having?

Rach x

Thanks - just had my fitting and i just love my dress! want to wear it now.
Spurred me on to stick to this!
i think i will try paleo after wedding - just dont want to change things at the mo as it may throw me. am so sick of being on a lifelong diet the reviews of paleo really appeal to me.

Just found some great workouts on YouTube. ta!!

Menu for Thursday - 23 days to go!

Bk ff Greek yogurt (love the stuff)

lunch - satay sticks (reduced at the co-op. only 1.4g carbs in the pack!) and a big green salad.

tea - think maybe a chicken curry which OH can have with rice.

exercise: abs workout, summer shoulders dvd

tea was roasted Mediterranean veg with chicken breast & pesto. delish!!

Hmm sounds nice.

I need to be more experimental with my dinners!!

Back