Low fat dessert or treat under 100 calories and under 5% fat rule

angelden4

The new RC diet allows a treat or dessert that is under 100 calories and within the 5% fat rule from week 3. It would be great to share ideas as so far I've only managed meringue nest with 0% greek yoghurt and fruit or special k bars which is going to get boring soon!

Perhaps we could have a new sticky thread?

I'm struggling a bit with this as well and the high fat treat, I suppose I could become a lush and drink wine every day lol!

I found a pack of Ryvita minis lurking in the cupboard which are less than 5% fat and 101 cals so I might have those one day. I saw in my new book Solero berry berry lollies are a low fat option so I'll look for those at the shop. I was thinking the treat size buttons might be nice for a high fat treat... but can I stop at one pack?!!? x

I know once I got let lose on the high fat treat after the first two weeks kick start it was better and worse. Better because I must have a treat but worse because difficult to stick to just one. Had some Walkers salt and vinegar stars today and they were only 99 cals and 8% fat.

Went shopping yesterday and bought... lots of Alpen light bars, oh dear! I did also pick up a pack of Whitworths apricots (snack pack size) which come under the 100 cals low fat category.

I looked at the Ryvita Minis in the shop and was horrified, they've changed the recipe and are now way over the 100cals and have a lot more fat, so I didn't get any more of those! I did get some fun size milky way and maltesers for the high fat treat, they are now hiding in a not often used drawer so that my other half doesn't demolish them all, plus if they're not in a cupboard I open several times a day I'm less likely to be tempted myself!! I think they're better than a pack of chocolate digestives, I know I couldn't stop at one if it were an open pack!!

I have just tried the yoo moo frozen yoghurt from tesco it's 2.6g fat per 100g and 151 cal per pot so not too bad and very nice:)

I suppose we could have 2 x 50 calorie low fat snacks? That's about the easiest thing I can think of... except if I doubled up on say grapes for too long I might end up thinking that's one portion not two, lol!!

I think the tesco value chocolate mousses are under the hundred cals. I know they are 2.8% fat or something similar. They are surprisingly chocolatey and feel quite indulgent and at only 28p for four its a bargain!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back