Low Fat Food Business...

X Kelly X

Silver Member
Hi Guys
Looking for some advice.
Im looking into setting up my own low fat food business where i live. I am a fully qualified chef with foundation health food certificate.
What I would like to know, if any one does, is if i need to be a nutritionist to sell low fat products & advertise them as this?
I have tried googling and asked jeeves with no luck.
Would love some responses!
Thank You!!
xxx

I think it would probably help to have the advice of a nutritionist and there definately is a market for low fat balance meals and snacks. I'd be very interested in seeing how you get on.

Hi Kelly

I really don't know but I wouldn't imagine you would unless you were giving advice.

I know there are guidelines for what you can call 'low fat' or 'fat free'. ie. the fat content needs to be below a certain percentage before you can call it that. I dont know where you would find that information though.

Good luck

x

I just found this for you -

'Legally, any food that claims to be ‘fat free’ should have less than 0.15g fat per 100g, whereas foods that claim to be ‘low fat’ should contain less than 3g fat per 100g. As a general rule, more than 20g fat per 100g is a lot.'

That is from Low Fat Diets Review

Hope this helps

Would Trading Standards be able to help maybe? they're quite good for giving advice on advertising etc.

Sounds like a really good idea, what county are you in if you dont mind me asking?

Lol thank you! ill keep u updated. who whos if it works out i could get my own website so u can order online & ill post!!! :) xx

Back