• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

low fat/very low fat???

Nash

Hi
Can anyone tells me what qualifies for low fat or very low fat, in the likes of yoghurt, fromage frais and cottage cheese please.

The plain yoghurt i buy says fat free, so i'm assuming syn free. Also bought a flavoured yoghurt that says no fat, will that be free also.

Flavoured Fromage frais says 99% fat free, so will that be 1/2 syn. This is a nestle, diet fromage frais, Strawberry.

And also, cottage cheese, the one they sell here is 97% fat free, so would that be low fat, or very low fat. The nutritional values are: per 100g
energy 355kg (not sure about cals)
protein 10.0g
fat - total 2.2g
- saturated 1.5g
carbs 6.1g
sugars 4.3g
sodium 300mg
calcium 110mg

Thanks in advance, Nash:)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Sorry Im no help:( but Ive often wondered the same myself..hope someone can tell you.

Hi
Can anyone tells me what qualifies for low fat or very low fat, in the likes of yoghurt, fromage frais and cottage cheese please.

The plain yoghurt i buy says fat free, so i'm assuming syn free. Also bought a flavoured yoghurt that says no fat, will that be free also.

Flavoured Fromage frais says 99% fat free, so will that be 1/2 syn. This is a nestle, diet fromage frais, Strawberry.

And also, cottage cheese, the one they sell here is 97% fat free, so would that be low fat, or very low fat. The nutritional values are: per 100g
energy 355kg (not sure about cals)
protein 10.0g
fat - total 2.2g
- saturated 1.5g
carbs 6.1g
sugars 4.3g
sodium 300mg
calcium 110mg

Thanks in advance, Nash:)
I would say that most of what you described is free, as virtually fat free, I think low fat is when it's 30% less fat and half the fat...ect....HTH