Low fructose and low fibre diet

Stellasmammy

Hi peeps,

Anyone have any ideas to help me follow a low fructose and low fibre diet? It's been recommended by my Gastro Dr, got to give it a go for 3 months.

My first idea was Rice Krispies... but they have sugar in them apparently :sigh:

Everything seems to have sugar in it, and all the diet things I enjoy have sorbitol's and other lol's that aren't allowed.

I'm going to ring my GP in the morning to see if they can get me an appointment with a dietitian.

Thanks in advance for any info you can pass my way :)

something like nuts stirred into natural yoghurt for breakfast?

then chicken breast with salad leaves for lunch. or some soups would prob be fine.

then something like a stirfry - with less fibrous veg like peppers/mushrooms, or home made kebabs for dinner.

the easiest thing would be to look at some low GI/GL or low carb sites - because fruit, sugar and starchy carbs are all banned or limited on those kinds of diets.

Thanks for the reply Spangles, looks like your doing really well on your diet!

I've printed loads of lists out and have them pinned all over the kitchen, when I see a food that contradicts the other diet I cross it out, ie carrots are good on low fibre but bad on low fructose.
I went through the cupboard this morning and separated out things I can defiantly have from those I'm not sure of or can't have. Found out Tesco Diet lemonade is ok, but Asda is a no go.

Today i've has some rich tea fingers, a huge jacket potato with tuna, celery, orange pepper (whoops thats a no no should have been green) a bit of grated cheese and salad. Got a smaller potato and left over tuna mix for lunch tomorrow and a pork casserole in the slow cooker for tea, left all the veg I shouldn't have in big chunks so I can pick it out (carrot, onion and turnip)

Back