Low GI/Low GL

Bindi

Silver Member
Hi all,
Still trying to get my head around all this low gi/gl stuff. Is it safe to say that if a foodstuff has a low gi rating then its automatically low gl, sorry having a bit of a blonde moment. I have been eating what ww call 0pt veg ie broccli, cauliflower, carrots etc and thought I was doing good but they have calories in them (thx oxally for the post) so am I doing right or wrong by eating these.
Im trying to follow a low gi/gl plan with my snacks and evening meal. Im just gonna put a list here of what Ive been having and could those that are more well up on this let me know if its not low gi/gl. Cheers

Porridge made with water, artifical sweetner
Brown Bread - Which is best, wholemeal or wholegrain?
Veg wise - carrots, cauliflower, broccli, corn on cob, potato
Salad stuff - lettuce, tomatoes, onions, beetroot, cucumber

Snacks - ww fruit yoghurt, apples, bananas

Im with you here Bindi but im proper lost. Is ther a book that list millions of foo stuffs telling all there nutritional value including this GI GL thingymibob which is all new to me?????????

Porridge made with waterLOW GI, artifical sweetner?? CHECK YOUR BOOK
Brown Bread - Which is best, wholemeal or wholegrain?BURGEN

Porridge made with waterLOW GI, artifical sweetner?? CHECK YOUR BOOK
Brown Bread - Which is best, wholemeal or wholegrain?BURGEN
All veg and salad items have individual GI ratings there are some lists on the other posts of fruit veg etc...best having a look in them hunxx
WW stuff ...not got a clue!!1 but the more processed something is the higher GI levels...hope this helps xx

If are eating yoghurts try the alpro soya - non dairy all natural and very tasty - some pumpkin seeds are nice in it. :)

Also raw veg is better than cooked veg for health, nutrients and GI, so try juicing celery, cucumber, pear... very healthy xox

Low GI foods do not nessacarily mean it will be low GL. The glycaemic load is based on portions so it is the most reliable but its better to get a book with a gl counter.

I think its a necessary evil all this GI GL anon, but do I really have to research my meal times and do a chemistry lesson before I eat, there as got to be an easier way than this.
I do understand to maintain I must adjust my shopping, cooking, drinking etc. habits, but I dont want a degree in eating my dinner.
Sorry for ranting lol x

LOL FFT its not that hard once you read a book on it xx

Whats the book nic?

I use this one ...but in hard back...think this one is the same! Amazon.co.uk: GI Diet Plan: Helen Foster: Books it lists everything and gives all the gi values ..its great and also has some meal plans in to get you started xx
But, there are loads of great books ally got Low gi/gl for dummies and thinks it fab..although doesnt have the lists in
Also if you look back i posted a thread called 'low gi info...hope it helps' i put a few links in to different books and gi tables xx
These look fab too http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b/203-2829331-4552709?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=gi+helen+foster

My GI book is "The GI Diet" by Rick Gallop, its put really simply and can be read cover to cover in a day or 2. Also gives you a long list of GI green, yellow and red light foods.

Just had another shed loads fo book delivered "thanks amazon lol"
just finished reading antony worrall thompsons'GL Diet made simple' what a fantastic book... tons of recieps and explains GL in detail..without being confussing and the picturea are fab(i love see how things should look) Has GL value listings as well... i paid 1.00 plus P&P fab, fab fab book his gi book is also fab!!!! Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Antony Worrall Thompson's GL Diet Made Simple

Back