low syn baking?

waa13

Has anyone got any good low syn recepies for cupcakes or anything along those lines? any help would be appreciated thanks

I've always found the sw cakes/ puddings etc to be a let down. I think it's worth spending a few syns on the real thing instead.
The exception being the ferrero roches that you can make from ryvita and Nutella, they are really nice x

I have made ferrero rocher using 3 weetabix and 3 tablespoons of nutella, crumble the weetabix, melt the nutella slightly in the microwave, mix it all together. This makes about 18 ish little balls the same size as ferrero rocher and apparently work out at 1 syn each. These are actually really nice and taste near enough the same as the real thing!

Only other dessert I have tried is this, its actually really nice Raspberry Roulade - Only 1/2 Syn For Whole Cake - REALLY

I will make another soon, they are nice!

Pete’s Luxury Weetabix Ferrero Rocher (2014)

Makes 18 just over 1 Syn each!

Ingredients

2 Weetabix (1 Heb per person)
3 Tbsp. Sweetener
18 Small hazelnuts (5.1 syns)
50g Belgium Dark Chocolate 76% (13 syns)
Hot water

Method

In a food processor, reduce the Weetabix to small crumbs, add sweetener.
In a glass bowl, melt the chocolate until it’s runny, remove from microwave & add the Weetabix/sweetener mix, mix well, adding water as required to make a moist mix.
Using a ½ Tsp measuring spoon, scoop the mixture, adding a hazelnut, roll in your hands into a smooth ball, repeat until all the mix is used, place on a flat tray & chill in the fridge.

( 2 missing due to testing!)

Luxery Ferrero Rocher.jpg

Subscribing so I can come back and read this thread!

I've been looking for something for Valentines day....the raspberry roulade looks perfect :) might have to give it a try.

I made this yesterday using the half syn cake recipe but also adding grated courgette and topping with sweetened quark and blueberries didnt last long n for half a syn for the whole lot ?

Attachments

• image-1307031127.jpg
    image-1307031127.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 216
Have you for the recipe Kerry? Looks yummy!

I made the jam steamed sponge pudding from the Jan/Feb magazine tonight. 3 syns for a slice, and was very tasty!

1 x tub quark
4 eggs
1 tsp baking powder (0.5) syn
Sweetner
Vanilla essence
Half courgette (grated)
Blueberries ( to decorate)

In one bowl mix egg yolks half tub quark vanilla abd sweetner ad courgette
In another bowl whisk egg whites until a lil stiff then fold into other ingredients pour into a silicone cake tin and bake for 20 mins at 180oc
Once cooked leave to cool
Mix rest ov quark with sweetner and cover cake and top with blueberries

Brownie can be a lil bitter but i enjoy it x

Attachments

• image-982223282.jpg
    image-982223282.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 167
  • image-1645276387.jpg
    image-1645276387.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 191
Back