Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Low syn Lemon & Lime Cheesecake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by JoC, 17 April 2011 Social URL.

1. JoC

JoC Silver Member

I have been trying lots of variations to try and create the lowest syn cheesecake possible for a summer dessert and have come up with this.

Low Syn Lemon & Lime Cheescake

2 packs of alpen lights
    2 tubs of quark
    2 sachets of hartleys lemon & lime sugar free jelly (1 1/2 syns per sachet)
    zest & juice of 2 lemons
    Sweetener to taste

Serves 6 (1/2 a syn & HE B per serving)

Using a 20 cm loose bottom springform cake tin. I started by microwaving the alpen lights 2 at a time for 20 seconds and pressing down in the base of the cake tin to form a base. I used the apple & sultana variety.

Mix the jelly sachets with 1/2 pint of boiling water and stir well, leave to cool slightly.
    Mix the quark, lemon zest and juice and sweetener ( i used about 4 tbsps). Combine with the jelly mixture and mix well. Pour over the base and chill.

I cut into 6 generous servings and as long as you use the Alpen lights as a HE B then it only works out as 1/2 a syn per slice.

Next week i will try a chocolate orange one using orange jelly and orange zest and juice and double chocolate alpens for the base.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kwise1

Kwise1  THE WISE ONE 

Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds divine- I wish I could eat the alpen bars - but they disagree with me so much- sob.

Just a thought. If you want to reduce your SYNS further. You can make jelly using sugar free squash and gelatine. I have made orange jelly this way when trying to create low SYN Jaffa cakes

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. JoC

JoC Silver Member

Thanks bought some gelatine yesterday so may give that a go. I am sure that the base could also be made with cereal or maybe scan bran just need to experiment a bit more.

5. JoC

JoC Silver Member

Made a chocolate orange one and was divine, used Orange sugar free jelly, juice and zest of a orange and chocolate orange alpen lights.

6. determinator

determinator Banned

I have made the lemon and lime one a few times and its lvely , gonna try strawberry next :)

7. babyj146

babyj146 New Member

This sounds delish, can't wait to try it!

8. Mr Gilbo

Mr Gilbo Full Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    12st0lb(41.38%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Just made the chocolate orange one. My springform tin had a slight leak tho! Making a mess of the fridge, will probably get moaned at if I don't clear that up!

9. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I do this, I use the weightwatchers lemon and lime & lemon yogs, quark, NAS Lime squash & gelatine. Turns out fab and really refreshing! :)

10. Mr Gilbo

Mr Gilbo Full Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    12st0lb(41.38%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    It's sweet, it's nice. But not my cup of tea unfortunately. Preferring todays slice more than yesterdays! Maybe lemon & lime more me?!

11. JamesFlowers

JamesFlowers Member

I made this with the roulade base , it set quite well , and added fuit into the jelly mixture to add some extra juice.

James

12. Flabulous

Flabulous Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.28%)
    Can you estimate how much this would cost to make please?:)

Last time I bought those bars they were about £1.29 a pack I think?

13. Aimeewillbeskinny

Aimeewillbeskinny Full Member

Mmm can't wait to try this I sooo miss my puds!!

14. trcy1066

trcy1066 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(14.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    YES!! :D Thank you soooo much for this. I did a lemon cheesecake today using ginger nuts. The syns are hefty and I now have half a cheesecake sat on the side screaming to be eaten. :cry:

I had wondered about the Alpen bars but didn't want to spend the money on a possible disaster. I will try them this week :)

15. Aimeewillbeskinny

Aimeewillbeskinny Full Member

Alpen bars to boxes £3 tesco!!:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.