• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Low syn Lemon & Lime Cheesecake

JoC

Silver Member
I have been trying lots of variations to try and create the lowest syn cheesecake possible for a summer dessert and have come up with this.

Low Syn Lemon & Lime Cheescake

2 packs of alpen lights
2 tubs of quark
2 sachets of hartleys lemon & lime sugar free jelly (1 1/2 syns per sachet)
zest & juice of 2 lemons
Sweetener to taste

Serves 6 (1/2 a syn & HE B per serving)

Using a 20 cm loose bottom springform cake tin. I started by microwaving the alpen lights 2 at a time for 20 seconds and pressing down in the base of the cake tin to form a base. I used the apple & sultana variety.

Mix the jelly sachets with 1/2 pint of boiling water and stir well, leave to cool slightly.
Mix the quark, lemon zest and juice and sweetener ( i used about 4 tbsps). Combine with the jelly mixture and mix well. Pour over the base and chill.

I cut into 6 generous servings and as long as you use the Alpen lights as a HE B then it only works out as 1/2 a syn per slice.

Next week i will try a chocolate orange one using orange jelly and orange zest and juice and double chocolate alpens for the base.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
G: 8st3lb
Sounds divine- I wish I could eat the alpen bars - but they disagree with me so much- sob.

Just a thought. If you want to reduce your SYNS further. You can make jelly using sugar free squash and gelatine. I have made orange jelly this way when trying to create low SYN Jaffa cakes

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

JoC

Silver Member
Sounds divine- I wish I could eat the alpen bars - but they disagree with me so much- sob.

Just a thought. If you want to reduce your SYNS further. You can make jelly using sugar free squash and gelatine. I have made orange jelly this way when trying to create low SYN Jaffa cakes

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Thanks bought some gelatine yesterday so may give that a go. I am sure that the base could also be made with cereal or maybe scan bran just need to experiment a bit more.

JoC

Silver Member
Made a chocolate orange one and was divine, used Orange sugar free jelly, juice and zest of a orange and chocolate orange alpen lights.

Mr Gilbo

S: 29st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 13st4lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 12st0lb(41.38%)
Just made the chocolate orange one. My springform tin had a slight leak tho! Making a mess of the fridge, will probably get moaned at if I don't clear that up!

Shrimpy

Gold Member
S: 13st6lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 4st8lb(34.04%)
When I do this, I use the weightwatchers lemon and lime & lemon yogs, quark, NAS Lime squash & gelatine. Turns out fab and really refreshing! :)

Mr Gilbo

S: 29st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 13st4lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 12st0lb(41.38%)
It's sweet, it's nice. But not my cup of tea unfortunately. Preferring todays slice more than yesterdays! Maybe lemon & lime more me?!

I made this with the roulade base , it set quite well , and added fuit into the jelly mixture to add some extra juice.

James

Flabulous

S: 10st11.5lb C: 10st3.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 28 Loss: 0st8lb(5.28%)
Can you estimate how much this would cost to make please?:)

Last time I bought those bars they were about £1.29 a pack I think?

trcy1066

S: 16st2.5lb C: 13st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 28.6 Loss: 2st4.5lb(14.35%)
I have been trying lots of variations to try and create the lowest syn cheesecake possible for a summer dessert and have come up with this.

Low Syn Lemon & Lime Cheescake

2 packs of alpen lights
2 tubs of quark
2 sachets of hartleys lemon & lime sugar free jelly (1 1/2 syns per sachet)
zest & juice of 2 lemons
Sweetener to taste

Serves 6 (1/2 a syn & HE B per serving)

Using a 20 cm loose bottom springform cake tin. I started by microwaving the alpen lights 2 at a time for 20 seconds and pressing down in the base of the cake tin to form a base. I used the apple & sultana variety.

Mix the jelly sachets with 1/2 pint of boiling water and stir well, leave to cool slightly.
Mix the quark, lemon zest and juice and sweetener ( i used about 4 tbsps). Combine with the jelly mixture and mix well. Pour over the base and chill.

I cut into 6 generous servings and as long as you use the Alpen lights as a HE B then it only works out as 1/2 a syn per slice.

Next week i will try a chocolate orange one using orange jelly and orange zest and juice and double chocolate alpens for the base.
YES!! :D Thank you soooo much for this. I did a lemon cheesecake today using ginger nuts. The syns are hefty and I now have half a cheesecake sat on the side screaming to be eaten. :cry:

I had wondered about the Alpen bars but didn't want to spend the money on a possible disaster. I will try them this week :)