Lowest SYN Value Soups?

Paul_Farnham_uk

Hiya guys and gals,

I want to stop having sandwiches for lunch at work so have started buying soups instead which i have gone for the Sainsburys Begood ones so far.

BUT... when i checked out the syn values its like anything from 9-11 Syns for a tin which seems excessive for a so called healthy option soup.

So basically i am wondering if anyone knows of any good soups which are lower in syn values as i dont wanna blow all my syns every day on soup.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Paul

HI Paul, if you do a search in the recipe section you'll find lots of homemade soups also all syn queries need to be in the syn sub forum :)

Why don't you make your own syn free soup?? Loads of veggies etc to use. Make a huge batch of it, freeze it and use as needed??

I made my own. Whatever veg needs to be used up. Season and some stock and then blend. Was soo good ! There's lots of recipes about aswell though xx

Yep, only way to get them syn free is to make your own, all the canned ones are high.

Pre-prepared soups don't quality for a free food allowance so even if the ingredients are all free the end product isn't, and as you've found they are usually quite high. I believe the lowest canned soups are WW ones but it's easy enough to make and take your own, or you could have something like mugshots.

What are mugshots please? not heard of those

Pre-prepared soups don't quality for a free food allowance so even if the ingredients are all free the end product isn't, and as you've found they are usually quite high. I believe the lowest canned soups are WW ones but it's easy enough to make and take your own, or you could have something like mugshots.

They are like cup-a-soups but have noodles/pasta in them. If you hop over to the syn values subforum there is a sticky with all the syn values for them at the top of the page :)

There's some Baxter's 'Stay Full' ones that a 200g portion counts as one of your HE, see the latest healthy extras on the Slimming World website.

Thank you so much this is really going to help me out, got a tin of soup worth 9 syns with me today :( wish i had know about these yesterday

They are like cup-a-soups but have noodles/pasta in them. If you hop over to the syn values subforum there is a sticky with all the syn values for them at the top of the page :)

The only, and the best way, of doing syn-free soups is to make them yourself but there are times when you need an emergency option. Some of the packet cup a soups can be 5-ish syns if you are in a hurry.

Brand Name Product Name Healthy Extra Amount
Baxter’s Stay Full Broccoli, Salmon & Watercress Soup 400g can 200g serving
Baxter’s Stay Full Tomato, Chorizo & Mixed Bean Soup 400g can 200g serving
Batchelors High-Veg a Soup, Country Vegetable, dried 1 sachet

Homemade supper speed tomato soup is delicious! Have just made it for the first time and everyone loves it, to be honest it tastes like Heinz tomato,

It took 5 minutes to make and 3 to heat up, perfect for lunch at work, u could make it the night before x

Back