Lucia's Diary - Another new start!!!

Lucia Lucia

Silver Member
Well, last year was so so in the diet stakes. I lost well til May getting down to 17:3 but then just found it really hard to refocus and have a lovely gain for the new year.I weighed in Fri 29th Dec to a 2 stone gain!!! Im determined to get some more blubber of this year so here goes....

Thursday 3rd January

brekkie - 2 boiled eggs
h/e of bread
clover light (1 syn)
2 grapefruits
milk allowance for tea and coffee over the day

snack - 2 breadsticks (3 syns)

Lunch -jacket potato
big salad and beetroot
salad cream (2 syns)
ham
2 apples
1 banana

Dinner - Beef stewed in garlic and tomatoes,celery,onions and rosemary,passata
mash
peas
broccoli
carrots

puds 25g brie 3.5 syns
grapes
hi fi hot choc 2 syns

11 syns total

Last edited:
Well, last year was so so in the diet stakes. I lost well til May getting down to 17:3 but then just found it really hard to refocus and have a lovely gain for the new year.I weighed in Fri 29th Dec to a 2 stone gain!!! Im determined to get some more blubber of this year so here goes....

Thursday 3rd January

brekkie - 2 boiled eggs
h/e of bread
clover light (1 syn)
2 grapefruits
milk allowance for tea and coffee over the day

snack - 2 breadsticks (3 syns)

Lunch -jacket potato
big salad and beetroot
salad cream (2 syns)
ham
2 apples

Dinner - Beef stewed in garlic and tomatoes,celery,onions and rosemary,passata
mash
peas
broccoli
carrots

pudding not sure yet

I gained 12lb last year, I'm actually quite happy with that considering all the steroid increases, but you're right hun, time to knuckle down, we can do this, we've already proved we can. Here's to a great 2013, Happy New Year xxx

Last edited:
Friday - It's Weigh day.4 on plan days this week 3 totally off plan over new year, whoops! Will report loss/gain ASAP

Meal Plan for Friday

Brekkie- 35g Dorset Museli (hex b)
milk from allowance (hex a)
banana,grapes,apple and a Mullerlight.

Lunch - Jacket potato
Ham
salad
salad cream (1 syn)
clover light (1 syn)

Hi fi bar (6syns), persimmon and 2 apples

Dinner -Sweet and Sour Pork
Pork,onions,peppers,carrots cooked down in diet fanta
Rice

Mullerlight and options hot choc (2 syns)

10 syns

Last edited:
Morning Lucia, food sounds great!! I have wi tonight, expecting a small gain, was naughty over new year, but hoping that the last few days will combat some of that naughtiness...then back to normal wi day Tuesday so only 4 days to be good before next wi :eek:

Hope you have a great day xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks, Lily. Hope the scales are kind to you tonight. I lost 5lbs at WI this morning so a good start to the year, just have to keep it up!

Well done hun, here's to a good year...not holding out too much hope this week, but I am good with that, back to normal Tuesday wi from next week and that's where I am looking for a good loss even with only 4 days to get it xxx:hug99:xxx

Right, trying to keep up the momentum. I have been to the butchers and bought a large meat pack with enough fresh meat for 12 meals, all in the freezer. I'm going to go into the market in the morning to buy some fruit and veggies. I want to get Hubby a week at a holiday cottage as a birthday surprise so need to economise with the shopping to do it. I stocked up on the cleaning sundries from Aldi and now been to the butchers and the market tomorrow for the fruit and veggies. I normally spend around £150 a week in Sainsbury and so far this week i've spent £42 so it's all good. I'm going to try making a soup tomorrow as someone bought me the new covent garden soup book. Im going to try the bacon and wensleydale cheese I think as I have some wensleydale left over from Christmas and syn it. We have sealed up the Christmas tins of sweets, gosh I bought far too many and I told the kids we could get them out at Easter!

Ok, todays menu:

Breakfast

57g gluten free bread
scrape clover light (1syn)
2 eggs
muller

Lunch

3 ryvitas (need to look up synage ?6)
cottage cheese vlf
ham
boiled egg
tomatoes,onion,lettuce

navel orange
100 cal bisc (5 syns)

Dinner

wensleydale cheese and bacon soup

going to use feta as can do 45gs as a hex a

all other ingredients are syn free onions,carrots,leek etc. Going to serve it with the smash syn free scones.

big fruit salad and greek yog for pudding.

12 syns total

Last edited:
Well today we booked a holiday. A really different one in terms of who we are going with.My kids are 10,11 and 12 and middle one has special needs and we dont usually take him abroad as it dosent work really and we usually have respite and have a trip away or Me and Hubby go separately with the girls. My Brother in Law, who is single and my Mother in Law (widow) have offered to come with us and have Middly in with them and look after him so we can all go. When we had found somewhere to go my Hubby other Brother and Sister in Law (no children) offered to come too so we are all very excited, just a week AI 5* in Turkey right at the end of the big school holidays so we have something to really look forwards to.

Right, onwards!

Sunday 6th Jan

Brekkie-

2 boiled eggs
whole grapefruit
fruit salad
ww yogurt
milk from allowance hex a
57g gluten free bread hex b
scrape clover (1 syn)

Lunch

tbd up to 5 syns

Dinner

Roast beef
horseradish cream (1 syn)
1 homemade yorkshire (5 syns)
dry roasties
red cabbage
carrots

meringue nest 3 syns
fruit salad
vanilla ww yog

Thinking of some different meals for this week. Think im going to do a butternut squash pasta dish I saw in the mag a couple of months back and add some bacon for tomorrow eve. Pork steaks bashed into escalopes and pan "fried" with garlic and lemon.Pan fried makerel, proper but synned lasagne, sausage and mash.

Monday 7th Jan

Breakfast

fruit salad and ww yog
2 boiled eggs
57g gluten free bread
grapefruit

Lunch

tbd

Dinner - Cheesy pasta

pasta
butternut squash
colemans cheese sauce mix made up with milk from allowance ( check syns)
bacon
onions

salad

Tuesday, busy busy. Kids are all back at school today and a massive house clean frenzy is occuring!

Good day diet wise yesterday. I did the pasta bake and it was lovely. Todays menu:

Breakfast

2 boiled eggs
57g gluten free wholemeal -hex b
grapefruit
bowl fruit salad
muller
scape clover (1 syn)
milk alowance- hex a

Lunch

sliced roast beef
beetroot, onions,tomatoes
jacket potato
salad cream ( 3 syns worth)
scrape clover (1syn)

sharon fruit
muller

Dinner

pork steak bashed flat pan "fried" with lemon, garlic and black pepper
sweet potato
peas
red cabbage
broccoli

fresh pineapple and quark

Hope for a decent loss on Thursday as been so far, so good!

Hi Lucia ....brilliant what a lovely family and what a lovely holiday for you all, so well deserved hun.

Food sounds amazing and I am loving the different meals idea, we need to do the same, so Kirsty and I are meal planning tomorrow, can't wait to get started, must go find that butternut squash recipe, sounds lovely!

xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks, Lily. It's lovely to have a friend on my diary xxxx

Well, the news is, even though I weighed a day early, I lost 4lbs this week. I had to go to a different group the last 2 weeks due to the kids being off but this morning I went to the group im intending to stick with. A very big morning group based at a gym/leisure centre and they are a nice bunch.

Todays food

breakfast
milk from allowance for coffees hex a
hi fi bar hex b
banana

Lunch

omlette made with ham 80 cals cheese in it ( 4 syns approx)
salad
fresh pineapple and muller

Dinner

sw chips
homemade burgers
2 cheese burger slices (need to check synnage)
bacon (fat removed )x2
big salad

pudding not sure yet

And now have heaps of fruit as I was slimmer of the week!

You are a star Lucia :winner: great 2 weeks what a fabulous start to the new year, this is our year, we are back in the game lovely lady ....onwards and downwards xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks, Lily x

Right onwards and downwards!

Friday menu

brekkie

2 slices gluten free wholemeal 57g (hex b)
clover light (1 syn)
2 eggs
bowl fruit salad
ww yog
2 cups tea with milk (hex a)
whole grapefruit

lunch
jacket potato
cottage cheese
chicken breast
beetroom
onion
tomato
sweetcorn
scrape clover light (1syn)

muller
frothy coffee (66cals so 3.5 syns)

dinner

butternut squash and bacon macaroni cheese (4 syns for half pct colemans sauce mix)
big salad
light salad cream (2 syns)

fruit salad and muller light.

9.5 syns for the day.

Confessing that I had 6 little chocs with a cuppa before bed last night, well , it was weigh day!

Going to make soup again on Saturday and not sure for Sunday yet.

Hey Lucia, where are you? Sorry I haven't been about been struggling again with the psoriasis but I am determined to try and get on here at least every couple of days and keep the weight losses coming .

Hope you're keeping well and your lovely family too xxx:hug99:xxx

Back