Lucky 13

wexy

Hi to anyone reading.
I have decided that as 13 is my lucky number (I was born at No 13 so must be good) and I'm going to loose all the weight I have carried around for so long.
I was my happiest at 9 1/2 st before I had my son 13 years ago - rather a long time but the weight went on slowly. I was a size 12 to 14 and went up to a 20/22.
In October 2011 I decided to loose weight and used the basic principles of the Dukan diet. By June last year I had lost 2 1/2st and was really pleased.
I started a new job, had major problems with my son at school and both my nan and mum were ill. Gradually I slipped back to take aways, sweets, chocolate and my biggest downfall a few glasses of wine to help me relax. I also got so bored with the diet restrictions and lack of fruit so was easy to give up on it.
I'm now doing Slimming World as i know so many people who its worked for. Some of my colleagues are also doing SW and we are having a weigh-in at work in the hope that it will keep us all on track.
My next weigh-in is Wednesday and despite a meal out today I hope to have made a small start. I'm aiming for 2lb a week so hope to get to goal by my birthday or at least be well on the way there.
My first goal is 1st by Easter and the 2nd 2st by Download festival in June :)

Hi Wexy,

How have you been finding the plan? It's great to be doing it with work colleagues for extra support. I go with my mum, we've had to drag each other after one of us had a bad week! It's so easy to keep slipping after going off track.
Good luck for Wednesday. It's my weigh day too :) first time i'm going without having scales for a sneaky peak before hand so know I'm going to be nervous!

Hi Wexy,

How have you been finding the plan? It's great to be doing it with work colleagues for extra support. I go with my mum, we've had to drag each other after one of us had a bad week! It's so easy to keep slipping after going off track.
Good luck for Wednesday. It's my weigh day too :) first time i'm going without having scales for a sneaky peak before hand so know I'm going to be nervous!
Hi thanks for the reply :)
I'm not finding it too hard as 2 of my colleagues have been doing SW a while and between them and here I seem to be able to have all my questions answered. I keep looking at my scales but am trying to resist a look as I don't want to make myself feel too bad or hopefully too good.
I think in the last few days I've eaten enough fruit and veg to stock a supermarket but at least I always feel full.
I've even prepared a salad for tomorrows lunch rather than grab anything at the last minute. Hopefully I can keep it up.
How do you find it? Do you have all your syns?

I also realised my ticker was wrong earlier and then when I changed it I forgot to put in a current weight so it showed me as 0, think that may be too far :eek:

So far I haven't had all my syns. But I don't know exactly how much I had on Thurs and Fri so I think thats whats making me keep them low. The past 2 nights I've had a toffee crisp biscuit (5 syns) with coffee. Also i've used my second HEB on a cereal bar which seems like a treat too.

Having stuff prepared is brilliant. If I don't I'm more likely to slip up! I've leftover vegetable paella to take for lunch with me tomorrow. I'l pack some fruit too and weetabix for breakfast so nothing to keep me from having a good day :)

looking forward to wednesday? I am and not at the same time. I've no scales here for any sneaky peeks. The last time I was doing this I was weighing myself everyday (though trying not to!) and would weigh myself just before going to group and my scales were pretty close with sw so I always had an idea what to expect. This is the first time its a complete surprise, not sure if i like it or not! My first time doing this I lost 4 lb the first week, I seriously doubt I've done that this time and last time I wore jeans the first week and leggings the second so that probably had something to do with the 4lbs too lol.

how are you using your syns? hope you have a good day tomorrow!

Good luck to you too. I'm nervous about my weigh in not just because it's my (hopefully) first loss but because if its not good everyone from work will know!!
I used my syns on butter and a bag of crisps yesterday. Crisps are my food downfall so I'm glad I can use syns and still eat them.
This mprning I've just had my 35g cereal and half a banana on it. I measured milk for my allowance and will be keeping the rest for coffee/tea. Never realised how small a portion of cereal was until I started SW but am getting used to it now.
Left over paella sound nice, I never think of leftovers for lunch but may have to if the salads get boring.

Oh well off to work with my bag of healthy food :)

35g is so tiny. I can't imagine what a 'normal' bowl would weigh to me. I don't take cereal that much since it's not very filling. I bought a box of frosted wheats the other day since I knew I liked them, it will take forever to eat if each bowl is that small!!

Hope today has went well, 1 day to go :D

I'm going down to mums later. Think I'l nab a tape measure if she has a spare time. Last time I did this I wished I had taken my starting measurements to see how they went down with the weight. Some weeks I felt slimmer but it didn't show on the scales so it will be interesting to see. I don't feel any slimmer this week though :rolleyes:

Good luck with todays weigh in. I've been good so hope it shows on the scales. Was so tempted to have a peak this morning.
Got another salad for lunch, think i need to try some variety.
Have kept away from the cereal today as it didn't fill me up for long.

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Well I lost 3lb this week and I'm so pleased as my stomach feels so bloated I was sure I would be heavier. Not sure why I'm so bloated but hopefully it temporary due to all the fruit and vegetables. I am eating a . lot more of them.
Now I need to keep it up but I am determined this time and SW is so easy to do.

That's great news Ally, a brilliant first week.
Today I've had 3 hotel chocolat chocolates not sure of the syn value but hopefully I will still be in my total for the day :rolleyes: Will be better tomorrow (I hope)

I'm sure 3 chocolates would be! I've never heard of hotel chocolat before, I googled them and found this:

Dietary Information

If they were any of the 3 mentioned then approx 3 syns each so well within the 15 syns. They look yum! Doubt I could have stopped at 3!!
I tried the special k crisps today, sweet chilli flavour. You get a good few for 4.5 syns and they come in salt and vinegar and sour cream and onion flavour. I liked them :)

Thanks ally they were like the ones listed so 9 syns is fine.
Today I was home early so made a spicy carrot soup ready for tomorrow's lunch, going to have it with free potato scones I found on here.
Am about to make free chicken curry with rice and veg. I've frozen some yoghurt which we are going to have with melon.
My son came in from school and thinks the food we are eating is brilliant and we should keep it up. I'm glad he is loving it as it makes it so much easier.
Think my first test will be next weekend when me and OH are going to a gig in a pub local to him. Alcohol is my downfall and then I'm tempted to eat. Have worked out I can have 4 vodkas and will only be 1 syn over if I only eat free food all day.
Maybe I can manage that.

Well yesterday was quite a good day.
I made oat pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Was very nice only problem is I had streaky bacon to use up so I syned it.
For lunch I had some of the spicy carrot soup and fruit with a yogurt.
Dinner was a cottage pie and salad. Another syn free meal as I used no fat and used fromage frais in the mash rather than butter and milk. I also made enough for dinner in the week.
Today I've had yogurt and fruit. May have beans on a slice of toast for lunch. Dinner will be gammon with a honey glaze and lots of veg. Will need to work out syn value of the glaze but Im sure its not too bad so I may use the rest of my syns on a large glass of wine.

I've never tried the oat pancakes, I tried magic porridge once but it didn't turn out well at all. I must have a look at how to make the pancakes!
How was the mash on the cottage pie? I never know what to do with fromage frais and quark. I used quark in a recipe recently but I didn't like the taste of it. I don't think I've ever tried anything with fromage frais.
It's good your son is liking the food! When Mum makes food at home, my Dad doesn't like any slimming world food, he says he can tell when the 'proper' stuff like butter, full fat milk etc have been substituted. I wasn't much help there either since I'd need something different made with not meat. Think it's a bit easier on her now I've moved out! 1 less different thing to make!
Good luck with the rest of the week, you seem to be keeping it up well! I was so tempted to binge on chocolate today but stopped myself. It doesn't help that theres a 1kg bar of dairy milk in my fridge!!

Finished off the cottage pie tonight. The mash was fine and I didn't really notice much difference. I've used fromage frais in curry and my friend has suggested using it in a leek and mushroom pie rather than a creamy sauce. Going to experiment with that next week.
Its a shame your dad notices, must make it hard for your mum to quick to plan.
Only thing I do need to do is find some variety for lunch. I've had salad everyday and may start getting very bored. We do have a kitchen but salad takes the least effort. Maybe I can make some more soup and take them with me or a jacket potato. Um decisions.
Weigh in tomorrow so very light breakfast for me lol

Finished off the cottage pie tonight. The mash was fine and I didn't really notice much difference. I've used fromage frais in curry and my friend has suggested using it in a leek and mushroom pie rather than a creamy sauce. Going to experiment with that next week.
Its a shame your dad notices, must make it hard for your mum to quick to plan.
Only thing I do need to do is find some variety for lunch. I've had salad everyday and may start getting very bored. We do have a kitchen but salad takes the least effort. Maybe I can make some more soup and take them with me or a jacket potato. Um decisions.
Weigh in tomorrow so very light breakfast for me lol

Hope tonight went well! How about cooking extra of your dinner the night before and having that for lunch? I've done it this week with pasta bake and stir fry. Soups good too though.

Hiya!

Just read through your posts, sounds like your doing well so far. I'm also on my second week on SW, so we're in a similar boat.

Hope your WI goes alright this evening. As far as lunches go, I recommend making a pasta dish or a soup soemthing at the beginning of the week and dividing it up into pots. You can have it hot or cold, then intersperse salads as well. Thus variety!!

My problem is that I get my lunches on expenses, so can very easily go wrong! Thus far M&S has been a saving grace.

x Becca

Well yesterday went fine, I lost 3lb so hope to get half a stone next week.
ally, left overs could be good, I sometimes make extra anyway so could have rather than freezing. Hope you got on alright yesterday.
Hi becca. How are you finding it so far? also like your pasta idea.
Will do a longer post after work as I'm in a hurry.

Well yesterday went fine, I lost 3lb so hope to get half a stone next week.
ally, left overs could be good, I sometimes make extra anyway so could have rather than freezing. Hope you got on alright yesterday.
Hi becca. How are you finding it so far? also like your pasta idea.
Will do a longer post after work as I'm in a hurry.

Well done on the 3lb loss, going in the right direction! This week has been a struggle exercise wise, my training has got cancelled because of the frozen ground so I'm trying to gee myself to get to the gym. I have managed to locate my Wii fit though, so may have a quick play on that.

Back