Lucky's 2013 Diary

Lucky7

Lucky7
So. It is 2013. This year I will be a bridesmaid in the Easter Holidays, so I have this term to get slim, confident and happy with my body so I look okay in my lovely red dress (that has already been bought!). I would like to lose about a stone.

Throughout January I am doing the Cancer Research Dryathlon, so no alcohol til February. Hopefully this will give me a good start.

2013 RESOLUTIONS:
No alcohol in January, then only once a week
Stick to SW properly (no cheating)
Save up some money
Stop spending money on junk on E-Bay and clothes I don't really need
Try new exercise activities (EG. Park Run and Spinning)
Do a Charity 5k and 10k
Be more organised with work (planning and recording evidence)

Tuesday 1st January 2013 (EE) TOTAL 7.5 SYNS

Exercise: Spin Class (550 kcal)

B: Cheese (A) and mushroom ommlette
S: 3 ryvita thins with vlf cottage cheese (4.5 syns) and a sharon fruit
L: Veg, turkey & Noodle stir fry (1 syn in chilli sauce)
S: banana
D: Veg and chicken slow cooked casserole (2 syns for gravy granules)
S: Cheese (B) and pickled shallots

Wednesday 2nd January 2013 (Green) TOTAL 13 SYNS

Exercise: Zumba class (450kcal)

B: 2 boiled eggs and an apple
S: 3 seeded ryvita (B) and VFF cottage cheese
L: Quorn, Mushroom and Low Fat Super Noodle Quiche (cheese on top A) VFF Activia Yogurt
S: Curly Wurly (6 syns)
D: Quorn, Mushroom and Low Fat Super Noodle Quiche, SW chips, Sweetcorn, Coleslaw (0.5 syns)
S: Banana 2 Pink 'n' White (5 syns)
Other: 2 pick n mix packs of Love Hearts (2 syns)

Last edited:
Thursday 3rd January 2013 (EE) TOTAL 9 SYNS

Met friend for coffee (looking forward to skinny latte - BUT they only had full fat milk!! Behind the times eh!!)

Exercise: Body Combat Class (550 kcal)

B: Apple, eggs, VFF Cottage Cheese, sweetener and cinnamon bake made with porridge oats (HEx B and 2.5 syn)
S: Sharon Fruit / Tube of Love Hearts (1 syn)
L: Seafood sticks / Carrot and coriander soup (syn free)
S: Curley Wurley (5.5 syns)
D: Chilli (VLF Beef mince, onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes) topped with VFF cottage cheese (syn free) with grapes and a VFF Activia Yogurt for pud. (Was very hungry after Body Combat :D )
S:
Cheese (HEx A) and pickled shallots / Grapes

PS - If anyone sees any boo boos with the way I'm doing the plan, PLEASE tell me. xxx

PPS - I seem to have started craving cottage cheese after exercise. Very strange, but better than wanting chocs or bread I suppose.

Last edited:
Toning Class = 300 kcal

Hmmm - today isn't going well! In ANY respect. Should have spent the day planning. Have actually been a TV slob all day.

B: French toast (slices WW w/meal bread, 2 eggs, sweetener, cinnamon) served with VFF vanilla yog and cherries
S: 2 pink n whites and 2 rolls Love heats (7 syns)
L: Chicken and grapes (NOT a third superfree)
S: 2 pink n whites and 2 rolls Love heats (7 syns)
D: NO IDEA YET AS GOING OUT (Ended up having Gnocchi- WAY off track)

Was intending to stay in but out friend from China has turned up unexpectedly and haven't seen him for about 7 -8 years so should do really.

Plus (SHHHHHHH) am supposed to be going to works Xmas meal and do tonight but really couldn't be ar**d with it before knew about friend turning up so have 'forgotten' about it. I know that prob sounds really bad, but my food has already been chosen /ordered and was REALLY naughty, plus everyone will be drinking / drunk and I'm on the wagon for January.

Today is not good so far. Hoping I'll feel better after toning class and quick change and meal out.
I have decided that I will just 'do my best' tonight. Usually I'd have linguine with tomato and prawn sauce in there. They also lots of meat 'on the rock' with charred veggies / salad / wedges / etc. Aghhhh.

Okay - well that went pear-shaped. Trying to explain english pub menu to out chinese friends was very stressful. I couldn't have the meat on the rock as had hoped as their baby was all over the place, climbing on the table and doing what he liked and a red hot rock on the table would have been VERY dangerous. Forgot that had had chicken at lunch and ordered gnocchi in tomato sauce (and when this came out it was creamy and cheesey as well). I ended up using my Dryathlon Golden Ticket and had a wine and some cider. Overall the day was a bit of a disaster and I'm drawing a line under it. Rubbish.

Last edited:
Saturday 5th January 2012 (Total Syns 11.5)

Exercise: Legs, Bums & Tums (300 kcal)
Weigh in 10st 7lb :( (this was the first since 01.12.12 when I was 10st 4lb)

Have been saved from having to eat out with Dad and stepmum as they're not coming as they've had a some kind of upset. Hope they're okay, but am pleased to not be eating out! Still can't decide whether to have a green or EE day.....

... Decided on green so can have jacket potato, beans and cheese for lunch.

B: 2 boiled eggs and 2 clems
S: Coffee and a banana / Love Hearts (1 syn)
L: Jacket potato with baked bean and cheese (HExA)
S: PUB: Pot of tea and lots of diet cokes. NO ALCOHOL!! YAY!!!!
D: Prawn dhansak (no ghee) and boiled rice (6 syns plus HExB)
S: Dipdab (4.5 syns)

Last edited:
Sunday 6th January 2012 (Total Syns X13.5)

Exercise: Body Combat (burns approx 550 kcals)

B: 2 Boiled eggs, 2 clems
S: Coffee and banana
L: 2 slices w/meal ww bread (HExB), 2 Quorn Sausages (2 Syns) with x.light mayo (0.5) & mustard (0.5) and a clem, diddy apple and vff yogurt
S: Curly Wurly (5.5)
D: Roast Quorn, potatoes and parsnips with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Gravy (1.5)
S: Milky Coffee with sweeteners (HExA) & Mini Milky Bar (3.5)

I was aiming for 8.5 syns and then double checked syns for Quorn sausages and found out they're 1 syn each, so it ended up being 10. And then I gave in to temptation in the evening and had a mini minly bar. Booooooo.

Last edited:
Monday 7th January 2012 (Total Syns 7.5)

Exercise: Body Combat (burns approx 550 kcals) & 25 mins cycle to work and back

OHHHHHH dear. Back to school today and I have the dreads. Although I do also have a plan (for eating anyway) - just hope I can stick to it...

B: 2 boiled eggs & 2 clem (Free)
S: Coffee & banana (Free)
L: Ryvita and VFF cottage cheese (sweet chilli) HExB and 1.5 syns
S: Fruit (at school) 1 slice toast with plain VFF cottage cheese (home pregym) HExB
One Aero Mint Bubbles sweet 0.5 syns
D: Veg and quorn with Ainsley dahl and wholegrain rice (Free)
S: Milky coffee (HExA) and a Curly Wurly 5.5 syns

I know it'll be hard to stick to this at work today because..
...I'll feel tempted to comfort eat
...people will have brought left-over treats in after xmas (out of order I say - bloody sabotaging other peoples attempts to eat healthily to make it easier for themselves. BIN EM OR EAT EM YOURSELVES.
... the head always supplies a buffet lunch on training days. This includes 'some' healthy eating bits, but mainly high syn stuff. I am not even going in that room. I shall organise an alternative lunch destination for dieters who want to eat their own stuff.

I am SOOO pleased that I sneakily chucked away all the chocolaty treats left behind in my classroom and the 6th form common room before I left on the last day of term. Good thinking Batgirl!!

Wish me luck...

.....well, that wasn't too bad.
Needless to say as soon as I got there I say piles of mince pies, plates of cookies, bowls of chocolates, and packets and packets of flippin' biscuits. Not to mention a buffet at lunchtime with lots off pizza slices, sausage rolls, etc., etc. BUT I was mentally prepared and resisted all but one little Aero Bubbles Mint Sweetie, which I just looked up at it's 0.5 syns. Was working so hard at the end of the day that I didn't realise what the time was and almost missed my Body Combat class, but with extra fast cycling, Wonderwoman style change of clothing into gym kit and jog TO the gym I made it. PHEW!!!

:D xx

Last edited:
Tuesday 8th Jan 2013 (7 syns)

This is the plan...

Exercise: Aerobics 450 kcal

B: 2 boiled eggs and 2 clem
S: Black coffee and fruit and one chocolate turkish delight (bloody staff room) 1.5 syns?
L: Left over veg and quorn dahl and rice with a ff activia
S: Mini Milky Bar 3.5 syns
D: Pasta, quorn ball and veg bake topped with cheese (
HExA) with sauce from jar 2 syns
S: French toast, vanilla yog and cherries
HExB

It's been another day where everywhere I turn there has been biscuits and chocolates or both. Impossible to get away from. I did absent mindedly pop one in my mouth, but it did stop there, and I'd planned on having a curly wurly as a snack so just adjusted it to a mini Milky Bar to recoup my syns.

Last edited:
Wednesday 9th Jan 2012 (9.5 syns)

Exerercise: None - rest day as need muscles to recover for combat tomorrow and have a few double sessions planned at the weekend as well so need to be tip-top. Will give me a chance to do food shop to cover most of weekend as well.

B: 2 boiled eggs and 2 clems (but one of each wasn't nice when opened so ate half of this)
S: Apple, Banana and Coffee
L: VFF Cottage cheeses with onions and chives and 4 ryvitas and a yogurt (HExB)
S: Nibble of chocolate (about 1/4 of a square) 1 syn
S: Apple & HiFi Bar (instead of Birthday cake!!!) HExB
D: Quorn and veg curry and rice 3 syns for the curry paste
S: Curly Wurly 5.5 syns

I think I'm still doing very well on this whole avoiding naughty food at school. Every day I've ended up having on little tiny thing and not letting it get out of hand. OHHHH yeah!!

Really do hope I get a loss on Saturday!! Will be gutted if I don't.

Oh dear - just realised that I didn't have any HExA today - had intended to have cheese or a milky coffee but forgot. Slap wrist!

Last edited:
Thursday 10th January 2013 (8.5 Syns)

Exercise: Body Pump 550 kcal

B: 2 slices french toast, vanilla Activia (vff) and cherries HExB
S: Banana and black coffee
L: Ryvita and Cottage Cheese with Activia vff and Sharon fruit HExB
S: Apple & 2 clementines
S: Cheese and pickled shallots and 2 boiled eggs HEx A
D: Rice with quorn and veg curry & CW for pudding = 3 + 5.5 syns

Last edited:
Think I might have to make this on Saturday night. I was thinking of having a take away curry, but this sounds great and means I can have a dessert as well :D .

FREE PIZZA RECIPE

• 1 x bag of SMASH (apparently the cheaper the make the better)
  • tomato puree
  • any cheese(s) from health extras
  • oregano and basil
  • any toppings such as onion, mushroom, sweetcorn, even quorn fajita strips!

1. pre-heat the oven and put a pizza tray in to warm up.
  2. put SMASH into a bowl and slowly add water - make it as thick as possible...could always add some herbs to the base or some garlic.
  3. take pizza tray out of oven and spray with fry-light.
  4. using your hands spread SMASH out onto the pizza tray, but don't press down too hard....try and get it around 4mm.
  5. put in the oven for 7-10 minutes
  6. take out of oven, turn SMASH base over and put back in over for a further 7-10 minutes to crisp the other side.
  7. remove from oven and leave to cool.
  8. bung all other ingrediants on and finish off under the grill until the cheese melts.
  9. eat the whole bloody thing to yourself! :eatdrink012:

Friday 11th January (7 Syns)

Exercise:
None. (Toooooo tired and have a heavy exercise weekend ahead!)

Feeling quite positive about my Dryathlon / no alcohol this weekend as I've realised it's still nearly 3 weeks til payday so I need to eek my money out. Luckily I love being on Green and there are lots of cheap and cheerful recipes and ideas. It's also great being a paid up gym member because there's always somewhere to go that costs nothing (as long as I have my £1 coin for a locker - refundable of course). Looking forward to the launch of the new Body Combat and Body Pump on Sunday. I shall def be earning my Sunday Roast with a double gym session and between 1000 and 1400 kcals being burnt.

I've got lots and lots of school work to do this weekend so good that I'll be at home more and drunk / hungover less.

I'm not sure if to recolour my hair this weekend or wait and do it before I go to get it cut and styled at the beginning of Feb. Have got an appointment booked at a vintage hairdressers!! First time. Hope they're good as going all the way to London for it!

Anyway - thank Crunchie it's Friday. This is the plan for the day...

B: 2 boiled eggs and 2 clementines FREE
S: Coffee and banana FREE German Marshmallow thing 2syns
L: 4 ryvita with cottage cheese, VFF Activia and sharon fruit HEx B
S: Apple & Clems Muller Light Yog FREE
D: Quorn mince & Veg fake 'lasagna' with cheese on top
HExA Sliced Black Olives 1 syns
S: Strawberries & Quark mixed with 2 options light 4 syns on a melted Alpen light HExB
Diet Ginger Beer, Black Coffee and black Red Bush Tea to drink.

Last edited:
Just made these...

300g chive and onion cottage cheese (I used plain)
Salt and pepper to season. (I also added some powdered garlic, and cayenne pepper)
2 eggs.
100g instant mash (dried powder form) (I used Asda cheese & onion flavour)
I chose to mix in a HEx of half fat cheddar
Frylight.

Whizz the cottage cheese with a hand blender, season and whizz in the 2 eggs.
Stir in the instant mash powder to make a dough like consistency.
Separate into balls and flatten.
Put in an oven tray and frylight for 20 mins.
Voila!

I think I need to make some lentil soup for lunch to dip them in now!

Saturday 12th January 2012 (Total Syns 17)

WEIGH IN TODAY - LOST 3LB

Exercise: Legs Bums and Tums

B: 2 Boiled Eggs, 2 clementines, 1 banana, black coffee
S: 2 syns free scones (Hex A for all 8!!) Pack Love Hearts 1 syn
L: Lentil soup and 2 syn free scones & MUller Light
S: Mini Milky Bar 3.5 syns
D: Prawn Dhansak & Boiled Rice (HEX B for Prawns + 7 Syns)
S: Curly Wurly 5.5 syns

Last edited:
Sunday 13th January 2013 (Total 19 syns)

Exercise:
Body Combat (1 hour) AND Body Pump (1 hour) 1100 - 1500 kcal!!

Lots of exercise today as it the launch of the new Body Combat and Pump. Got to remember to take a couple of bananas and extra water bottle. Looking forward to it even if it is going to be a tough one!

B: Baked beans, 2 Linda McCartney Sausages, 2 eggs fried in frylight, 2 clems. FREE
S: Pack of Lovehearts x 2 (2 Syns)
L: 1 banana and 2 Alpen Lights (HEx B)
S: PUB! 1 white coffee (half a HExA) and 4 Becks Blue (10 syns)
D: Chicken breast (HExB) dansak and rice with no oil (6 syns)
S:
1 white coffee (half a HExA) Pack of lovehearts (1)

Last edited:
Hi

Your diary looks brilliant and well done on the double session at the gym. I used to do that and I know how much it hurts and you want to cry. It's all worth it though. I only do green days as I am a veggie, since the introduction on EE most classes are pushing that so it is nice to see some green day entries :) I have only been back on the plan a week but all going well. Congrats on the loss by the way. We all put lbs on over Christmas, don't worry it's already dropping off you.

Lisa xxx

Hi Lisa - thanks for taking a look at my diary. You're the first person who's responded so far!! Yay!!!

I'm actually quite excited to be doing the double session today as it's the launch of the new versions, and the second class is a one off. As we're all bringing something to eat for a half hour break between classes hopefully it won't hutrt quite so much as going straight through, and it'll hopefully be a chance for a chat to some of the people I always see at gym classes but rarely get to chat to.

I'm not veggie, but the green plan is the one which I've had the most success on in the past, plus it's much cheaper to buy for, so is my natural choice. Want to have some money to spend on new clothes and a decent hair cut next month. I'm really hoping to have lost some of my extra inches my payday and intend to have a good wardrobe sort out, and top up my retro 50's wardrobe with more 'everyday' clothes instead of so many evening style dresses (which are of limited use really). I lost a bit of confidence last year and started dressing down a bit - I want that to change in spring. Anyway - no good buying those clothes in my wishlists until I'm closer to my goal!

Thanks again for your comments xx :D

If I go to the pub today I think I'll have to splash out on some alcohol free lager - I am all diet coked out!! Apparently 2.5 syns per bottle. (After a couple of them I'll probably be ready to make friends with diet coke again!!)

Hi Lisa - thanks for taking a look at my diary. You're the first person who's responded so far!! Yay!!!

I'm actually quite excited to be doing the double session today as it's the launch of the new versions, and the second class is a one off. As we're all bringing something to eat for a half hour break between classes hopefully it won't hutrt quite so much as going straight through, and it'll hopefully be a chance for a chat to some of the people I always see at gym classes but rarely get to chat to.

I'm not veggie, but the green plan is the one which I've had the most success on in the past, plus it's much cheaper to buy for, so is my natural choice. Want to have some money to spend on new clothes and a decent hair cut next month. I'm really hoping to have lost some of my extra inches my payday and intend to have a good wardrobe sort out, and top up my retro 50's wardrobe with more 'everyday' clothes instead of so many evening style dresses (which are of limited use really). I lost a bit of confidence last year and started dressing down a bit - I want that to change in spring. Anyway - no good buying those clothes in my wishlists until I'm closer to my goal!

Thanks again for your comments xx :D

Hi
I was going to go to the gym but decided to go and watch les mis instead, I also have about 30 syns left until weigh in tomorrow so going to treat myself to a veggie subway wrap 12 syns :)
I know what you mean about confidence. I've lost mine since I've put weight on. All my friends used to say that I beamed it but now I cover up in jeans or shorts and thick tights. My OH says I'm being daft and I know he loves me but still want to feel better. I said to him yesterday 'just wait until I'm a skinny girlfriend and you will be pointing me out' he said I of that anyway....bless. I've just bought some new gym clothes which I think will soon bury me and they cost about £100 :/
I've ended up at the pub for the Liverpool v Man U game haha

Xx

Gym clothes should be okay - doesn't matter if they're a little loose (as long as the bottoms don't fall down, obviously!!)

My OH just bought me a curry, so need to amend my food diary for today accordingly - no guilt though after all that exercise this morning, and not TOO much over the days max syns (I start on Saturdays after weigh in at gym, so will just have to make sure I make up for it in the week).

What do you do at the gym? Classes or self-motivated stuff? The new release Body Combat and Body Pump were good fun. I'm lucky to have a DW Sports Fitness Gym 5 mins walk from my front door. Cheap and lots of classes, as well as a nice little pool.

OKay. I have used 36 syns this weekend. A BIT naughty, but nothing like if I'd have been on the booze. I intend to have just 5 syns per day Mon to Thur, which will take me to 56, then 14 left for Friday night when my friend Lorraine is coming round for dinner and a girly chat / catch up and maybe a film. So. That's the plan for syns for the week. This is the plan for exercise for the week...

Mon: Body Combat
Tue: Aerobics
Wed: Rest (hopefully get to a SW class to do one off joining and get the new books!!)
Thu: Body Combat
Fri: Legs Bums and Tums toning

Thinking of trying to fit in a couple of double exercise sessions in next weekend, but will review this plan later in the week when know how am feeling (Sat: Body Conditioning then Body Pump, Sun: Zumba then Body Combat).

Back