LucyLu's Baby No2 without the 3 stone gain this time please?...

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Yes, 3 stone. That was how much I lost to get to my 8st 2lb target at slimming world and that was when DS was 6 weeks old so goodness knows how much in total I lost!
I'm only 4" 11 so I was considered a healthy weight once in my adult life!
Don't get me wrong, I adored being pregnant the fist time, barely knew I was, except for all those dam crumpets!!! :eek:

So, here I am, pregnant with Baby No2 and over the moon. I'm in that horrid 'no-one knows' stage so I only have hubs and my BF to talk to, but now I have you lot too!

Decided to tell My BF yesterday because i'm her MOH in March and i'm already thinking the dress I bought 4 months ago is starting to get a little tight, that's after Christmas etc and the extra 7lbs i'm already carrying so i'm not going to lose that not now that i'm pregnant, i'd rather try to maintain for a few weeks and then except the numbers will go up.
She's thrilled for me and is totally cool about it so we are off shopping end Feb to look for another, hopefully some maternity clothes too!

I do go to SW Class on a wed's but I haven't said anything yet, i'm only 5 weeks at the moment. I do track my weight at home and a sneak on them this morning said 8st 8.

I'm really hoping that this time around I won't go overboard and eat everything in sight, but first time around I was 9st 11 when I found out I was pregnant so around a stone heavier to start with.

Symptom wise I was struggling last week with what I thought was MS, I was feeling sick after eating, especially in the afternoons, that's gone now but instead I've got horrid tension type headaches, again though, in the evening? Weird.

Dying to go run a bath right now but my DS need's tea doing and hub's will be home soon so I guess i'd better get tea on too. It's so different being pregnant with a little one already, you just have to keep going don't you!

Anyway, that's me for now.

I'm drinking lots more water (instead of tea/coffee) and not missing alcohol one drop.

Here to subscribe xx Im not pregnant but i am same height and want to get to 9st 7lb as my target x would love to.go back to 8s but like my curves too much lol xx

Sorry.to.hear about the headaches. seems strange only having them at certain times, theys nothing triggering them off x

Yes! Another shorty! Lol, it's nice to hear i'm not the only 4" 11 person on the planet!

On my wedding day I weighed 9st exactly and was happy at the time, I'm very petite up top and carry my weight on the bottom half which was why I wanted to see what I looked like under 9stone and I finally started to be happy at the 8st 2 mark but it's just crept back on as it does!

Yes! Another shorty! Lol, it's nice to hear i'm not the only 4" 11 person on the planet!

On my wedding day I weighed 9st exactly and was happy at the time, I'm very petite up top and carry my weight on the bottom half which was why I wanted to see what I looked like under 9stone and I finally started to be happy at the 8st 2 mark but it's just crept back on as it does!

oh im big up top lol only since having my son 6 years ago lol nurse said its coz i still produce milk that they still big (tried the bandaging thing to stop my milk but never worked) im 6lbs away from my wedding day weight which was 10st 5lb :) i start losing my curves at 9st so dont want to go no lower if i can help it xx

Well it's very nice to speak with you!

My soon to be 4 year old won't eat his tea, want's chocolate I bet (don't blame him really!)

Going to go run a bath and hope that I get 10 mins peace as my back is killing me this afternoon, there's always something! :)

Well it's very nice to speak with you!

My soon to be 4 year old won't eat his tea, want's chocolate I bet (don't blame him really!)

Going to go run a bath and hope that I get 10 mins peace as my back is killing me this afternoon, there's always something! :)

same ere xx enjoy your bath hope ypur back eases x

Ok so 'my' bath turned into a son and mum bath :/

Oh well, it was nice anyway, would of normally had it hotter but I remembered after that hot baths are a no no for pregnancy.

Headaches still in full swing and I'm trying so hard not to take paracetamol.

Oh no cant you try a cold compress to ease your headache xx Yes im a monkey for hot baths but was advised not to when pregnant xx Gone are the days mine try and get in, I started getting in when they go to bed lol xx

Evening, so after a good day yesterday eating wise and stayed within syns my scales show i'm back to 8st 7 which would mean a sts at weigh in on wed's.

I really don't deserve a gain yet so i'm hoping even a pound off to be honest.

Had an ok day at work, so pleased I can finish at 3 without worrying about my hours so that's what I did, finished at 3 and went for my first run in 3 weeks, it was to expected that I struggled a bit that and the fact that i'm in new trainers, pleased to get to 2.5 miles with only one tiny walk to open and close the canal gates, its a step back from usual 3/4 miles but i'm not looking to improve just now, just get out there and enjoy it.

Dying to tell people at work, think i'm hating the secrecy this time around, the first time I was adamant I wouldn't tell a soul until the first scan but this time around i'm not so bothered, probably just excited! Anyway, hub's has got his best friend and his wife coming on fri and he might tell him instead of the whole hiding the fact that i'm not drinking, at least that way I can go to bed when everyone else is boozing until the early morning!

Decided i'm going to have a green day today, I haven't had one in ages and I lost weight doing it before and although the SW plan has changed, I haven't! So i'm going to enjoy my egg and chips for tea, i'm getting sick of meat anyway!

Another good day so far, having a nice salmon salad with sweet potato wedges for tea but first a nice bath (door locked for peace!)

Evening, so after a good day yesterday eating wise and stayed within syns my scales show i'm back to 8st 7 which would mean a sts at weigh in on wed's.

I really don't deserve a gain yet so i'm hoping even a pound off to be honest.

Had an ok day at work, so pleased I can finish at 3 without worrying about my hours so that's what I did, finished at 3 and went for my first run in 3 weeks, it was to expected that I struggled a bit that and the fact that i'm in new trainers, pleased to get to 2.5 miles with only one tiny walk to open and close the canal gates, its a step back from usual 3/4 miles but i'm not looking to improve just now, just get out there and enjoy it.

Dying to tell people at work, think i'm hating the secrecy this time around, the first time I was adamant I wouldn't tell a soul until the first scan but this time around i'm not so bothered, probably just excited! Anyway, hub's has got his best friend and his wife coming on fri and he might tell him instead of the whole hiding the fact that i'm not drinking, at least that way I can go to bed when everyone else is boozing until the early morning!

Decided i'm going to have a green day today, I haven't had one in ages and I lost weight doing it before and although the SW plan has changed, I haven't! So i'm going to enjoy my egg and chips for tea, i'm getting sick of meat anyway!

Ooo i was extremely excited when i was pregnant but waited till the 1st scan before i told anyone xx definitely stick to what u know if it works xx egg & chips is sounding so yummy at moment xx I cant get to kitchen at moment coz my hubby and his dad are putting up a door lol x

It was lovely but to be fair so was tea tonight!

Only had a few syns today but man alive I look 5 months pregnant tonight! Must be all the water I'm drinking!

Starting to feel achey after my run yesterday but I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow before weigh in, hope I've stayed the same at worst, don't want to have to lie about why I've gained unexpectedly!

It was lovely but to be fair so was tea tonight!

Only had a few syns today but man alive I look 5 months pregnant tonight! Must be all the water I'm drinking!

Starting to feel achey after my run yesterday but I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow before weigh in, hope I've stayed the same at worst, don't want to have to lie about why I've gained unexpectedly!

Im heading for a gain x need to lose 1.5lbs between now & tomorrow to get a loss lol xx was on track for a loss but then was super busy last nite and and had a takeaway :( oblu need half a pound for my next award aswell lol

I remember that bloated feeling the first trimester before you have a bump and at that in betweeney stage lol.

Well done on getting out for a run I am going to make myself do the gym this week so unmotivated at the moment and I don't have pregnancy as an excuse! X

Here to subscribe :) half pound really isn't anything to worry about. Probably just water retention from the running and all the excess water you've been drinking. Which neither of them is a bad thing

Xx

Yes you are right, half a pound isn't much but I got myself in such a tizz over it!

Here's the thing:

I messaged my cons before saying I needed to have a chat, half of me was going to fess up and tell her i'm pregnant and how to handle not worrying about the gains and having to explain myself (or lie really) until we have the scan to the group. Instead it wasn't a private chat and I just said i'm re-setting my target which she sais she was expecting as it 'appeared that I was struggling to get back to target'

I step on the scales and see half gain taking me to 8st9.5 and so I set target at 8st 9 thinking great i'm only half over and can gain 2.5 which to be honest I think is fair to gain whilst pregnant and sticking to sw for the nxt few weeks.

Feeling ok I step off the scales and the weigh lady says 'Fab, onlt half a pound to target then Luce', what? I said "I've got too lose half a pound?" as if it was the end of the world, everyone queing heard me and must of thought 'what's her beef, it's like having a big No 2 or something' and started saying you can do it blah blah blah.

What a absolute plonker am, I should of set it to 8st 10!

I know it's only half a pound but after having the best sw 2 weeks and not going over syns a only seeing a sts last week an a half this week that half loss sounds like half a stone to me right now!

It's off my chest now, any thoughts welcome!

Had a cheat meal last night - the first in 2 weeks so I deserved it! Scales said 8st 6 this morning, typical, a pound lighter than yesterday but I don't take it literally really.

Pregnancy wise i'm feeling great, sickness has gone, I am however more tired than normal bu then i'm happy to go to bed before 9 and be up for 5 like this morning, woke at 4.50 before my alarm and enjoying the peace and quiet before I must get ready for work! Last day today, yippee!!!

Another question for you all - Hubby's best friend and his wife are coming tomorrow night for a meal/drinks and catch up. I've tried asking what time their taxi home is but they are rubbish at replying! I really can't see me being up much past 10, especially watching them get tipsy etc.

Should we fess up to them too? They surely will be trying soon so it's a conversation that's ultimately going to come up, that way no secret drink mission, I can go to bed without lying about a headache etc, what would you do? I know they won't tell anyone.

Hmmmm.....

Back