Lumpy Chicken Soup!

So I make my chicken soup in a blender everytime and leave it blending for well over a minute on the fastest setting and everytime I have to seive it into my cup because it's lumpy which makes me feel a bit sick ... any advice not to make it lumpy because when I sieve it I loose those little green herbs too! Any loss of flavour on LT is a disaster no matter how little! lol

Blend with a small amount of cold water first and this should get out any lumps.

hey hun i belnd mine with red hot water and get no lumps and only blend for half a minute

I start my blender slow and then when a little mixed turn it up high to properly blitz it - no lumps here!

Hi, i'm only on day 2, but I had my 1st chicken soup last night. I warmed mine on the cooker, whilst whisking it! i added a very small amount of chopped parsley and a pinch of black pepper and it tasted quite nice with no lumps! Does anyone know if the additions are allowed? x

Hi are you adding the water to the soup mix? If you are you need to add the mix to the water xx

Im gonna try the soup when i restock on Friday, need a change... can i season with salt and pepper?

Im gonna try the soup when i restock on Friday, need a change... can i season with salt and pepper?

Some people add pepper but the recommendation is you don't! I wouldn't add salt because it will make you retain fluid x

thanks Catt, good advice about the salt, will leave it out...

Back