Lumpy choc shake :(

Linda S

I just made my choc shake with warm water, and blended it lots, but it still came out lumpy!
How do you make yours? Was wondering if I should mix into into a paste first? And if so, with hot or cold water. My cold shakes earlier today came out fine.

Hi,

i always mix the shakes, soups and porridge into a paste before i add the rest of the water-hot or cold. This seems to make them easier to blend and no lumps!! :)

Will try that tomorrow... thanks :)

Going to do one for myself shortly, took me a little while to perfect and don't find it that yummy but it does help warm me up!

Krissykat said:
Going to do one for myself shortly, took me a little while to perfect and don't find it that yummy but it does help warm me up!

I use a hand blender and seive the small lumps out as they make me gag! It's simple and easy :)

I make them cold and then, if I want it hot, heat up in the microwave. This was on the advice of my CDC who said if you make any product (other than soups) with hot water they just become lumpy.

Doesn't microwaving them deplete the nutrients?

Ohhh I lurveee my daily shake but prefer to eat it lumpy with a spoon....the lumps taste delicious. I just add cold water and stir a few times and enjoy the chunks. My fav is the cappuccino flavour ;)

Probably does zap some of the nutrients, but I don't heat it up too much and it does taste good. Maybe she suggested it to me as I'm on 4 packets a day so it's not such a biggie if I lose some nutrients from a max of 1 of those packets a day? Will ask her when I see her on Sat. One big thing she said though is that if you're heating in the microwave you need to use a lot more water - would that help preserve some of the nutrients (I'm definitely not a scientist)?

Ahhh I see! Nah it won't matter what you do with the 4th pack as you get the 100% from the rest so you can experiment as much as you like ;)

i just make sure the water is hot and not boiling as it burns the powder that can make it lumpy too x

Back