Lunch Ideas

I often take leftovers, or a variation of what you've suggested ;)

For lunch I have been having a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, mixed beans, potato, boiled egg & kiwi.

I then top it with either

warm chicken (pre cooked - butterflied & seasoned) & bacon (no rind) I just warm the chicken at lunch to save time.
prawns
tuna in brine

Why not pre-make some bbq/shishkabob food. Chicken, beef chucks marinaded (if you wish for juicy tender flavour). Cook in pan or on bbq. Spear onto those kebab stick things with some roasted pepper or other free foods you like and wholla. Easy lunch that can be eaten hot or cold

Oh and a great way to make others at work jealous. Sw chips

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Recipe for you all. Syn free and scrummy as a side dish for chicken or pork chops.

Potato bacon mushroom onion bake
Serves 1
200g new potatoes thinly sliced
Handful of mushrooms sliced
1 onion sliced
Schwartz chicken seasoning
20g of reduced fat cheese (3 syns if not using heb)
Fry light butter.
Foil to wrap in

180c for 40 to 50 mins

1. Slice potato. Onion and mushrooms can add peppers too.

2. Fry bacon until crisp and crumbling.

3. Place potato's into a bowl add seasoning to taste and spray with fry light and mix. Spray again and mix.

4. Add all ingredients into a foil packet. Ending with the cheese on top and seal. Place into the oven for required time.

Remove from oven serve with chicken or pork and beans scrummy!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Easy Lunch Ideas

Hi All,
I'm new to this group so appologise if this has been asked before.

I'm wondering if people can post some easy lunch ideas I can have for work. Extra easy, red and green days please. I work in an office that has a microwave and a fridge. So needs to be something I can have cold, or can be warmed in the microwave.
I usualy have jacket potatos, or cold sandwich, cold pasta. I cant bring pasta and sauce as it takes too long in the microwave as the full office only have lunch 12-12.30 so not fair to hog it for that long.

Any ideas will be appreciated. :)

Hi Loobyloo. Have you tried making a quiche? I used lots of veg (onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli and anything else) and fry off in pan using frylight for 5 mins. Beat 4 eggs, mix with 1 pot of low fat cottage cheese and some mixed herbs. Pour the veg out into a quiche dish and pour the egg/cottage cheese mixture on top and bake in the oven gas mark 6 for about 30 mins. I usually do it by eye and get it out and check it is set in the middle to know its done. You can have this cold or reheat in the microwave. Free on Extra Easy.

For another quick lunch I often have a sweet and sour mugshot mixed with stirfry veg and sometimes a chicken breast chopped on top. You could always precook chicken and swap stirfry veg for veg you can easily cook in the microwave. This would also be free on Extra Easy.

I also make a curry loaf from chickpea dahl, mixed with curry flavoured batchelors rice (made up), with 3-4 beaten eggs. Mix it all together and pour into a loaf tin and bake until golden. again gas mark 6 about 30 - 40 mins. You can have this cold or warm. Lovely with a salad.

Cous cous salads make a nice change or even lentil salads.

Just lots of veg either roasted or salad chopped up and mixed through with either FF vinaigrette or lemon/line juice as a dressing. Any type of lean meat or fish/shellfish or feta cheese if you use HEA.

I saw a cook on the TV who made homemade Pot Noodles using rice noodles, stock cube, finely chopped veg etc. All you'd need to add is hot water.

On-the-go Lunches

Hey all. I'm new here so hi, I'm Emma, I've been on Slimming World for 2.5 weeks. Lost 4lb in my first week and gained 0.5lb in my second week. Obviously disheartened by the second week, as I stuck to the plan and kept within my Syns. However I did start eating big portions of pasta for my lunch in the second week, and I never usually eat pasta, so I'm limiting my pasta intake this week and seeing how we go!

So all that brings me nicely onto the subject of my post. Shop-bought lunches that are either free or very low Syn. I work in an office in the middle of Manchester, and I'm just not organised enough most days to bring lunch with me. I also like to get out of the office on my lunch rather than sitting in the office, which I end up doing if I take food with me.

What have other members found to be good, substantial shop-bought lunches for when you're on the go? I've been buying sushi from Tesco as it's only 1-2 Syns, but I need a bit of variety!

Look forward to meeting you all :)
Emma

ready made salads? asda do Ham and egg and potato and egg ones. ... They have salad cream in them in a sachet but I imagine they would be free if you didn't use it.

I think subway salads are low syn and could easily be syn free if you choose wisely.

Subway salads are great for staying on track just be careful with dressings/sauce. You get a huge salad and a drink for £3.

M&S do these lovely things called beef teriyaki bites which are found in the sushi section but aren't sushi really. It's £3.50 for the pack and 2 syns for the whole thing. It also comes with some cucumber so you've got your 1/3 speed foods! They do another one with pork which I believe is also 2 syns.

Jacket potato with beans and salad is a good option if you'd rather have something warm. x

SW quiches with green or rice salad are good. If you make the quiche with Quark, rather than cottage cheese, it has a nice creamy texture too. Plus, you can add whatever Free fillings you like - salmon and dill, bacon and mushroom, peppers and ham, etc. The changes you can make are endless!

Kathy

I think I'm gonna try a Subway salad tomorrow. M&S is a good option for me too as there's one close to where I work. I've seen those beef teriyaki things before.

Just something I should probably mention - if we're talking about things to make at home and take with me like in chocko1's post, my oven is currently broken (massive nightmare, I know!) So there's certain things I can't make atm.

Thanks for all your suggestions :)

Just an update on this - I've found over the last week that M&S have some brilliant low-syn lunches, like the salmon & potato salad or the beef teriyaki bites. They also do some marinated prawns with sweet chilli dip, which I had along with their new potato, egg & tomato salad bowl. All of those are only one or two syns each.

My lunches at work make use of a TESCOS and a works microwave. When possible I pre cook and heat up. Sometimes I get chicken thighs from the hot deli counter, skin off and make a big bed of salad. It looks, smells and tastes amazing. Buy a weeks supply of lettuce, red onion, peppers cucumber, pickled beetroot and gherkins etc.

On green days I buy microwave packet rude, mushy peas and quorn meat balls, add curry powder to the mushy peas.
I also microwave a popodum for 1 syn.

Microwaved omelettes , add spinach, spring onions, peppers chilies ... with salad or in 2 wm toast.

Back