Lunch ideas?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by rhubarb, 24 September 2011 Social URL.

1. rhubarb

rhubarb Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I'm going to start calorie counting next week and am struggling with lunch ideas. I am a serial snacker at work so need something to fill me up.

What are your favourite lunches?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lovehatecarbs

Lovehatecarbs Silver Member

Do you have a microwave? A good vegetable/lentil soup and wholemeal roll is filling, wholemeal pitta and loads of salad .

You can build your snacks in with cc that may be a good option for you

4. Wickedwitch74

Wickedwitch74 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and healthy eating
    how about two weight watchers wholemeal pitta breads with wafter thin ham and fresh sliced tomatoes on them....with a bit of half fat mozarella on top and grilled for a few minutes...one of my favourites! lovely!!!

or maybe a nice thick wholemeal sandwich filled with loads of salad and some sliced chicken.....

or perhaps a home made quiche...made with eggs, quark, peppers, tomatoes and ham?.....another favourite of mine!

good luck!!!

5. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    How about cold new potatoes (you can even buy them in cans, so very easy to put together in the mornings!) sliced and diced, with salad dressing (low fat or regular, depending on your tastes there) and some beans or canned tuna? You could chuck in some chopped celery and cucumber for crunch, and grated cheese or whatever for extra flavour & protein.

Variations on this work really well for me, sandwiches never seem that filling, and just make me crave more bread... :sigh:

6. thatlittlebit

thatlittlebit Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(36.76%)
    Love ww pitta !

7. rhubarb

rhubarb Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the ideas! :)

8. thatlittlebit

thatlittlebit Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(36.76%)
    I love those innocent pots. I stock up when they're on sale (as they are at Tesco atm) have been eating tons of them!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.