Lunch on the go!

Mrs_Taken

Silver Member
I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I can't find a better one so here goes...
I've been on slimming world since Feb and doing really well. I know the key is advance planning so I normally make up a lunch for work (usually couscous or something similar. The problem is the odd occasion when for one reason or another, I don't/can't pack a lunch. Since I drive a van, I have no access to any cooking facilities. My question is this, can you think of anything I can pick up from a shop that requires no cooking, and is substantial enough to be a filling lunch, but still tasty enough that I don't just decide to grab a (very high syn) sandwich instead. I know the obvious ones are going to be yogurts or fruit/veg but I find these more snacks than lunch and wind up buying the sandwich as well :s
Sorry for the rambling post, I don't ask much, do I?

i have the same problem, i end up buying either cold meat and prepacked salads or get a chicken portion off the hot counters and syning it.

Sometime will get a wholemeal roll HEB and cold meats and follow with fruit

Thanks for replying sallyann, I have tried the roll and cold meats and enjoyed them, although I'm never sure which rolls are the right size. I'm a little wary of prepacked salads as I don't know if they are full of dressings or mayo or things. Good ideas tho!

Hey hun
Why can't you make a packed lunch?
I often make myself a gorgeous packed lunch for work and I have one of those small cool bags to keep everything in.
Its also good to invest in a thermos flask, these are great for homemade soups, leftover dinner and even warm savoury rice.
xxx

I normally do, but for one reason or another, on the odd occasion, such as when I need to go shopping and there's nothing I want for lunch (or someone has scarfed what I was planning for lunch), sometimes there's just no other option. As I say, normally it's not a problem, but on those occasions, I've previously wound up sabotaging my entire week for want of a better idea. I do have a food flask which is great for savoury rice and mug shots, and with a little boiling water (and a couple of hours) they cook themselves inside it).

If not sure on roll sizes, try the weight watchers wholemeal pitta 1 is a HEB

I normally buy the salad from the salad counter at supermarkets can just buy the raw salad items then not the items with dressing

if you have to use services and can use one with marks and spencers there do a nice potato and egg salad with no dressing

I know it's not everyone's taste but sushi is a low syn lunch. The tesco mixed sushi box for £3.20 is only 2 1/2 syns :D

Back