Lunchtime dilemma!

stivesliz

Gold Member
My friend has won lunch for 4 at a local hotel and today is the day! I haven't been bad this week, but......I haven't particularly saved any syns either. I have had a look at the menu online and I could be reasonably good but there will be wine and I did notice that one of the dessert's in a choc fudge brownie with clotted cream - aaaarrggggh!

So - do I give in? Do I skip breakfast? Do I skip pud but have wine? Do I say no to the proper roast potatoes?

I wouldn't normally be so manic, but I get weighed on Tuesday and am currently one and a half pounds down on last week!

Give me some advice people lol! x

Firstly there is no need to skip meals as you can easily have totally free breakfast, and filling up on a good breakfast will potentially keep you from eating as much for lunch.
Secondly, how important is a loss to you this week? Do you have a deadline to be a certain weight fast approaching? I go on holiday in 2 1/2 weeks so for me I would be super good. If you don't have such things and aren't desperate for a loss then go, make sensible choices where you can but enjoy it! You can always have fewer syns tomorrow to compensate for going over today if you like. Sounds like a lovely treat through, I hope you enjoy yourself whatever you decide to do! Xx

I would just enjoy myself. Have wine OR pudding, not both. Be sensible the rest of the day but don't skip any meals. Enjoy yourself sensibly and then move on, straight back on track after.

That's what I would do anyway :)

My advice would be to enjoy the day! Doesn't happen every day so don't be feeling guilty about it. If you genuinely want something .. Have it, just try not to get into sod it mode!!! If you really not hungry don't have it...if you are ..enjoy !!! I wouldnt skip breakfast tho , might make you eat more when there cos you'll be starving. X

I would also say make sure you aren't ravenous when you go as I always find I can't control myself when hungry!

Thanks ladies - as helpful as ever x
I am going to have bacon, egg and mushroom for brekkie and some fruit, will enjoy my lunch - my general rule of thumb on a meal out is if I genuinely have room for pud then to have it, but this is very rarely the case lol. I set myself a target of 3 pounds this week , which in hindsight was a bit optimistic.! As much as I would like to still do it I think it would be a shame to put my life on hold.

Two of the other ladies that I am lunching with are also SW members and have just spoken to them and we are going to have wine, starter and main course - its the clotted cream I need to avoid lol.

I'd tally up how many syns you've had so far this week & how many you have left until WI.

You don't need to have roast potatoes, I'm sure they'll do boiled.

Go on SW website & see how many syns there are in a choc fudge brownie with clotted cream, that way when you are there you can either think 'yes I have enough syns to enjoy this' or 'I don't have enough syns so going to have something else' or chose to have it & be prepared for a possible gain on Tuesday.

What other deserts are there? Is there anything with less syns?

I'd definately eat breakfast & like ScarlettStar86 said there is no need to go without breakfast, if you are full you're less likely to fill up on non SW friendly food.

Enjoy you're day:D

stivesliz said:
Thanks ladies - as helpful as ever x
I am going to have bacon, egg and mushroom for brekkie and some fruit, will enjoy my lunch - my general rule of thumb on a meal out is if I genuinely have room for pud then to have it, but this is very rarely the case lol. I set myself a target of 3 pounds this week , which in hindsight was a bit optimistic.! As much as I would like to still do it I think it would be a shame to put my life on hold.

Two of the other ladies that I am lunching with are also SW members and have just spoken to them and we are going to have wine, starter and main course - its the clotted cream I need to avoid lol.

Sounds great, have fun! Xx

It sounds like this is a fantastic treat. Personally I would plan a free breakfast (which your doing) and have what you fancy at lunch. have a free dinner tonight if your hungry....

I would have the desert but ask if you could have normal cream (or ice cream) on the side. Yes, your weight loss may not be as great this week but its a one off and life is to be enjoyed. Obviously if you are out for dinner a few times a week then its not such a novelty and i wouldnt indulge as much.

I will give you an example of me..... I am pregnant so should be putting on 1 pound a week. I didnt weigh in last week as was the day after I went on holidays. SO it 2 weeks I have put on 7.5 lb ( when it should be 2lbs in that time).

I can imagine you are horrified... but i have been all inclusive and had 3 courses of fattening (oily) breakfast, lunches and dinners..... plus ice cream (at lunch and dinner) on average of twice a day... (just one scoop tho). I did try and have a fruit course at breakfast as well as my 3 pancakes and melted nutella (yes, it was delicious).... and a cooked breakfast. by lunch i wasnt hungry and went in with intention of one course but tending to try a variety of thngs and ended up having 3 courses most days (probs 5 out of 7).

So I got back thursday night, went to weigh in fri morning and no surprise at a 7.5lb gain!

However i am back on plan.... first thing friday morning and after 2 days i have lost 3.5lbs - my scales weigh the exact same as slimming worlds so I weighed this morning (am hoping to lose 4.5 (an additional 1) in total by next friday which would mean am back to 3lbs gain over 3 weeks) - totally normal for 31 weeks pregnant. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday.... and for me life is for enjoying and once in a while its acceptable.

Well I am back and the good news is - it was very nouvelle cuisine so even though I was naughty I didnt eat that much of it lol.

I had mackerel salad to start - all legitimate, roast pork ( good ) 2 roast pots ( naughty ) and veg ( good ). The smallest excuse for pudding ever with a blob of ice cream and 2 big glasses of wine . Not good but not horrific either! x

Back