Lunchtimes

I also struggle with lunches - well work lunches really. On Friday I had a jacket spud (which I burned my mouth on) and ff cottage cheese with a side salad. Today I got a chicken and tomato pasta salad thing from Sainsburys (4.5 syns).

I am rubbish with work lunch inspiration so I will watch this thread with interest.

I have the same thing almost every day: pasta salad made up of quorn chicken with spring onion, red pepper and penne pasta with salt, pepper, 2tbsp extra light mayo, parsley and tarragon :) it serves 2-4 so it works out around 1 syn for the mayo, or 1/2 a syn if you have less..

There are lots of threads with ideas if you want to do a search.
It sort of depends what you have available at work eg kettle? microwave? But here are a few ideas.

Pasta/rice/cous cous salad
SW quiche
Frittata
Stuffed pitta bread
Rice pudding
Rice/Corn cakes or Pagen Krisp Breads with cheese, ham, cottage cheese, RF coleslaw, veggies etc
Leftovers from dinner the night before
Ainsley Harriott cous cous - cooks in 5 mins in a lidded box - and add some veggies

Invest in a food flask and you can take pretty much anything
Curry
Chilli
Stew
Soups

Hope that helps

mugshot or low fat supernoodles or tinned spagetti, with fruit, alpens and FF yog (when I was working, green day)

I'm lucky as I'm home most lunchtimes, so I can cook what I like. My absolute favourite is a low fat sausage (1 syn), fried egg (half a syn), mushrooms & tinned tomatoes. If I haven't already had my HEB I'll have toast too.

I also like jacket potato with lashings of VLF cottage cheese & a squirt of Hellmans very light mayo (1 or 2 syns), with ham.

When I was working & doing SW I would take a salad every day, with chopped up apple & orange in it (love the sweet & savoury flavours toegther)

Have a look at the food diary section Hun. I have a variety of things for lunch times.

I usually have jacket potatoes, omlettes, scrambeled eggs & bacon.. When Im working its usually a packed lunch sandwich, fruit & snack a jacks or something.
Today I had a big sandwich with ham & salad, mullerlight, fruit and a pack of baked crisps (walkers ones 5 syns each)

Back