• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Lurking around the Atkins forum

S: 20st7.5lb C: 20st6lb G: 13st7lb BMI: 42.2 Loss: 0st1.5lb(0.52%)
Hello All :)

I am currently following Exante, but hope to move onto Atkins...maybe in about a month or 6 weeks time.

I have been lurking around the Atkins forum for a couple of weeks now, and have read various threads :), just to help prepare me for my transition :)

I have a copy of Dr Atkins book, that I am reading (quite slowly :eek:)
I also have a copy of a low carb vegetarian book, by Rose Elliot - there does seem to be a lot of faff in that one though :rolleyes:

I am not vegetarian, as I do eat fish.... just not meat/chicken.... and love all veggies :)

Does anyone have any top tips for a non meat eater whilst following the Atkins plan, that would help me get prepared ?
I dont want to get sick of eating fish, or the same food all the time :eek:

Many thanks
Marge
:)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi Marge, no tips here as I'm 100% carnivore, but I wanted to welcome you and say hello, :)

rosebug

Silver Member
S: 14st10lb C: 13st0lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 33.3 Loss: 1st10lb(11.65%)
Not a veggie but not a huge meat eater either. Quorn chicken, cauliflower with Philly sauce and cheese and chive omelettes are lifesavers. As a vegetarian I think you get an allowance of nuts and pulses too.

welcome xx

Hi Marge, no tips here as I'm 100% carnivore, but I wanted to welcome you and say hello, :)
Thanks Jim
:D

Not a veggie but not a huge meat eater either. Quorn chicken, cauliflower with Philly sauce and cheese and chive omelettes are lifesavers. As a vegetarian I think you get an allowance of nuts and pulses too.
Thanks Rose.... I will keep reading

I will keep reading and trying to get ideas for when I make the transistion.
I just want to be prepared for then, to try and reduce any chance of failure.
Marge

pixar

has to be done this year
S: 13st5lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.9 Loss: 3st6lb(25.67%)
hey notsoskinnymarge, i have came across u in the exante site and wondered why were u planning on going to atkins from exante? are not happy with exante or with yr losses? just curios xxxx

hey notsoskinnymarge, i have came across u in the exante site and wondered why were u planning on going to atkins from exante? are not happy with exante or with yr losses? just curios xxxx
I am happy with Exante meantime Pixar. But I know that I have to start eating again at some point.
And I have more or less decided that Atkins/low carb is the way for me. :)
I am just planning ahead ;)

pixar

has to be done this year
S: 13st5lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.9 Loss: 3st6lb(25.67%)
oh i see:) just wondered thats all, anyway good luck with the choice you make xxx

Yup, stay away from the chocolate lol - lesson I need to learn myself after the last few days!

Haha :D
I am struggling to stay away from the olives and feta at the moment.
Having a savoury fetish ;)

All of my teeth wanted sweet, not just the one, when I gave up smoking, which is where alot of my problems started :eek:

I seem to have developed a sweet tooth this last 6 months for some reason, always used to have a savoury tooth before.

Me too and it's a bit baffling. I was never a chocolate freak. I liked it but it was not a trigger food, not at all.

Now I am craving it and it is awful!

I think bodies change and tastes change as you get older, some things I eat now I never would have touched as a child and some things I loved as a child just don't do it for me anymore..........weird.

My parents amaze me.
When we were kids, we were very rarely allowed sweets, or sweet things, other than fruit.
Now, all they want to do is eat cake !!:rolleyes:

JoanneM

Gold Member
S: 21st9lb C: 18st6lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 44.3 Loss: 3st3lb(14.85%)
I seem to have developed a sweet tooth this last 6 months for some reason, always used to have a savoury tooth before.
Snap Bren. Im constantly craving sweets although before I started dieting I wouldnt thank you for them at all.