MAC Cosmetics - worth the money?

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by EnglishHeart, 17 June 2008 Social URL.

1. EnglishHeart

EnglishHeart Member

Diet:
    Just healthy eating and exercise
    From what I have heard, MAC cosmetics are wonderful, and I'd love to buy myself a few. The problem is the price tag :eek: are they worth the money?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    IMO yes, I love MAC! I agree it is slightly expensive but worth it. stays very fresh looking all thoughout the day. The roll on eye coloursticks are brilliant! Vx

4. hottot

hottot Full Member

Diet:
    pro points
    yes as they last ages !!! a majoritie of cheaper brands are actually 70% water!!!!! so its better to buy expensive....you can get samples/testers of mac from ebay which are half price!!!!!

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes I second hottot, they do last ages. Good quality product and well worth it. Ooh thanks for the tip about testers on ebay

6. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    More than worth the money - In fact I think they are cheap for what you get. because they are so well made and highly pigmented you use less make up in the first place and it lasts sooooo much longer than cheap and nasty makeup. Sorry I know I sound like MAC's PR woman but I love love love it!

7. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    I totally agree with the others, SO worth the money. I recommend if you have an outlet shopping centre near you which has a cosmetics store giving that a go. We have one in Portsmouth which sells designer/professional cosmetics at as much as 50% cheaper than the RRP!! I get most of my makeup from there! xxx

8. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    the difference between expensive make up and cheap make up is the quality of the ingrediants in.. typically they're made to a better standard.. and last a lot longer.. esp foundation.. it isnt really important which mascara you use because its all about how well you apply it.. important to have a good eye pencil.. with eyeshadow.. i just buy cheap powders cos like to make my own up.. like mixing things together.. always important to have good brushes.. and sponges.. :)..

x x

9. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(12.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think the eyeshadows, pigments, lipsticks, fluidline eyeliner and blushers are great! Though the mascara is pretty poor and the lipglosses are far too sticky for my liking and the skin makeup is brilliant but gives me spots. But the stuff I like is definately worth the money and it lasts for ever!

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

I agree def worth the money. they last ages aswell and your not touching it up all the time.

11. lalliali

lalliali xPink Princess!x

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    omg im a total mac-oholic! duno if im allowed to post links but theres a great website called specktra and it has thousands of mac lovers who post pics of their make up:p and latest news on collections! its a addictive collection!

i would deffo invest in mac items! they will last 4eva!

12. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    It looks like an excellent resource:

Specktra.Net

13. lalliali

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    ^oh most definantly it is! i sometimes get the members to order collections 4 me which we dnt get over here! its excellant x

14. RachelM

RachelM Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    agree! I love MAC! Unfortunately being a student I can't buy all I want to but I do like to buy a treat every so often, plus I find that the women in store are so helpful. I'm completely addicted to the lip glass. Super glossy and stays put for ages.

15. Tegan

Tegan Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(27.05%)
    Diet:
    Low Calorie
    Some of the MAC stuff is very dissapointing. Their mascara for one, I bought it at full price, and my Rimmel £3 mascara worked 10 times better! The eye colours are very good, I don't really like the foundations as I can't seem to get my skin colour, or the blushers.

I think Bobbi Brown is a lot better than MAC for foundation and other base skin stuff like concealer and blusher.

16. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    if your planning on buying mac you can get a mac makeover for £25 and all that money goes towards the products and that way you get a good idea of what would be good to buy. i have a few mac products, i love the silicone eye liner and have a bright blue eyeshadow, had them years and still going!! paid about £10 each well worth the money

17. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i agree i have had better foundation i find the mac one flaky, but the eye colours and eyeliners and second to none

18. RachelM

RachelM Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think MAC are generally better for make up aimed at decoration (lips, eyes, blush etc) but for basic, staple make-up items such as foundation I suppose it depends on the kind of coverage you want etc. I don't tend to wear foundation so I'm a happy MACcer lol

19. lalliali

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    oo i did that for my 21st! i agree about the foundation but then again im not a foundation person as luckily i have very clear skin but it depends what sorta coverage you're looking for. im a eye and lip makeup person!

20. MzMonday

MzMonday Full Member

Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I use MAC concealer, studio fix foundation, the mineral powder and the blot powder on my T-zone. Yeah, I like MAC cosmetics :) .

21. yappy

yappy Full Member

I love mac!! Not only great products, but not tested on animals too :clap:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.