Macaroni Cheese

happylauren

My favourite meal in the whole wide world! Is there a slimming world recipe out there somewhere?

Sounds a bit weird, but its something my Mum cooks & it could be made SW friendly with LF cheese.......
cooked pasta/macaroni, grated cheese, tomato ketchup & Worcester Sauce......mix it all together, place in a hot oven until the cheese melts.....voila!!!

Its yummy!!!

I make cheesy pasta - not quite as nice as macaroni cheese but still nice!
I cook my pasta in boiling water and whilst it's boiling away I mix some fat free natural yoghurt (just enough to coat the pasta) with an egg, some mustard powder, salt, pepper and as much grated strong cheddar cheese as you can afford syn wise. I do it on a green day so can have 2 hexas of cheese plus 1 hexb of cheese. Once the pasta is cooked, drain, saving some of the water in a cup. Leave the pasta over a very low heat and pour in your cheesy yoghurt mixture and stir well. If it gets a bit thick and claggy add a little of the left over boiling water.
Great comfort food.

Thanks so much Kim63 and Mel2, I will try both!

That looks great as well, and i LOVE broccoli so I will definitely try that as well. Thanks everyone xxx

Pete’s Macaroni Cheese

Serves 4 people

Ingredients

Coleman’s Four Cheese Sauce Mix (9.5 Syn /4 people =< 2.5 Syns each)
300mL low Fat Milk (from daily allowance)
90g Low Fat Cheddar (2 Hea/4=0.5 Hea) or 100g/4=3.5syns each
1 Tsp. Colman’s Mustard Powder
1 Large tomato, sliced thinly (s)(sff)
Sainsbury’s 100% Bulgar Wheat Macaroni (ff)
(200g starter meal)(300g main meal)

Method

Place macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water, add salt and boil for 8 mins for “Al Dente” or 10-12 mins fully cooked.
Remove and place in a sieve to remove water, empty water from the saucepan.

Put the Four Cheese packet contents, and the mustard into a medium sized saucepan, mix a small amount of the milk, stir to a paste, and add the rest of the milk while heating the mix until it boils, stirring continuously, simmer for 2 mins or until it thickens.

Tip the Macaroni into the sauce, mix together then pour into an oven-proof dish, cover with sliced tomatoes then add the grated Cheddar and place in a hot oven (180c) until the cheese melts.
Enjoy with a salad.
MacaroniCheeseLarge.jpg

macaroniCheese-2Large.jpg

Pete’s Macaroni Cheese

Serves 4 people

Ingredients

Coleman’s Four Cheese Sauce Mix (9.5 Syn /4 people =< 2.5 Syns each)
300mL low Fat Milk (from daily allowance)
90g Low Fat Cheddar (2 Hea/4=0.5 Hea) or 100g/4=3.5syns each
1 Tsp. Colman’s Mustard Powder
1 Large tomato, sliced thinly (s)(sff)
Sainsbury’s 100% Bulgar Wheat Macaroni (ff)
(200g starter meal)(300g main meal)

Method

Place macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water, add salt and boil for 8 mins for “Al Dente” or 10-12 mins fully cooked.
Remove and place in a sieve to remove water, empty water from the saucepan.

Put the Four Cheese packet contents, and the mustard into a medium sized saucepan, mix a small amount of the milk, stir to a paste, and add the rest of the milk while heating the mix until it boils, stirring continuously, simmer for 2 mins or until it thickens.

Tip the Macaroni into the sauce, mix together then pour into an oven-proof dish, cover with sliced tomatoes then add the grated Cheddar and place in a hot oven (180c) until the cheese melts.
Enjoy with a salad.
MacaroniCheeseLarge.jpg

macaroniCheese-2Large.jpg

Thanks for this! Sounds lovely, will make it on Thursday as WI night treat :D

Another good tip is to use a tub of low fat cottage cheese. Blitz it to death with a hand blender or stick blender and add to your pasta. I use this a lot when I make spinach and nutmeg cannelloni (an SW recipe from the dark ages!) Don't worry if you can't get all the pesky lumps out, they cook down.

I'm definitely trying the one out of the current magazine - it does look lovely!

Back