Macronutrients - How many grams of protein per day?

not sure it's in the book - just wondered if there was a minimum amount of protein we should be eating in a day... I know it's ultimated at one end of the scale...but how little is too little :)...sorta thing...I know with some diets they stipulate macronutrient ratios...

macronutrients being fat, carbs, protein...

just wondered if there was any guidance for this a la dukan :D

He says to eat 1 to 1.5g of protein per kilo you weigh (minimum)

oh thats roughly what ive been having :D

so for me 76-114g per day (12stone/76kg)

cheers Jo :) I ate a 200g serving of flame grilled chicken for breakfast so I'm doing ok :D

if you want to track you can go on myfitnesspal.co.uk

i track everything I eat and do on there.

Nooooo 200g of chicken does not equal 200g of protein... sorry busy here at work so can't look for list right now but there is one...

ah yes im ocd addicted to myfitness pal.

I'm higher than that... I'm surprised you're at that Vicky... but I guess we don't list the quantities we eat.

ooh i lied. thats my target for the day on fitnes pal. mine is 143!! ooh

So 200g roast chicken would be about 50g protein...

so around about 20g per 100g of chicken is protein... therefore I've had 40-50g today so far... need at least another 26g...

Yeah a lot of secretaries are on holiday so those poor souls not on holiday are helping all and sundry!!

That is a minimum though... best aim far higher.

I've never had trouble reaching double that amount though...

well dinner will be 3 stir fried chicken breasts...500g in total so 5 x 20g = 100g + what I've had already will be approx 150g double the minimum :)

that's before I add a bit of egg custard and some yoghurt on my dinner :D

Use my fitness pal too, used to use fitday but mfp has more english foods covered so less time entering stuff. Miss fitday showing piechart of carbs/fat/protein though.

Just changing goals to hit the protein numbers, looks like I'm usually in range :D

Back