made a shake with new smoothie to go ...

melmbelm

hello, just thought i would share y 8 o clock news with you...(that is my 8 o clock shake)... i bought one of those smoothie to go machines, put the 200 ml water in , the exante powder and filled up the container to almost full (its like a large cup), whizz it up,,,came out very thick like just melting ice cream...ate most of it with a spoon, thats how thick it was, and cos it took ages it started to melt and drunk the rest through a straw ...

melmbelm said:
hello, just thought i would share y 8 o clock news with you...(that is my 8 o clock shake)... i bought one of those smoothie to go machines, put the 200 ml water in , the exante powder and filled up the container to almost full (its like a large cup), whizz it up,,,came out very thick like just melting ice cream...ate most of it with a spoon, thats how thick it was, and cos it took ages it started to melt and drunk the rest through a straw ...

That's the way I do it too , great.

GSQ

I'm very very tempted to get one of those smoothie to go machines but they're so expensive :( can't find any for less than £35 ish.

The shakes sound sooo much more appealing with it tho. Hmm. May just have to bite the bullet and cough up the cash for one.

I'm very very tempted to get one of those smoothie to go machines but they're so expensive :( can't find any for less than £35 ish.

The shakes sound sooo much more appealing with it tho. Hmm. May just have to bite the bullet and cough up the cash for one.

ive managed to order one in argos for £24.99 cant collect it till friday though

mine was £30.00 from sainsburys, i just used the click and collect and got it the next day x

mine was £30.00 from sainsburys, i just used the click and collect and got it the next day x

Just popped to Sainsburys on the way to work to see if they have one in stock before I order it online. Glad to say they dooooo! Was tempted to pick it up then, but decided to wait til after work so I can grab some ice too.

Excited for my nice smoothie tonight so :D

What do you mean when you say 'filled up the container to almost full'? Did you put your 200ml, your shake and then more water to fill it to the top, or am I confusing myself!?

I'm buying one of these tonight, it sounds great! I've just been using one of those shaker cups, which has been really good but it doesn't crush ice to make the shake thick. Really looking forward to getting and using one.

Cant wait to pick mine up tomorrow from argos

I do the same however I use 250ml of water and about 7 ice cubes and whack it on high for approx a minute. If you pop it in the freezer after for about half hour it goes even thicker. Totally yum x

i m so glad i have seen your comments ladies, never thought of getting a smoothy maker but just checked out some reviews and booked mine from argos for collection tomorrow. Fab idea :) ive just started and already i am not liking the shaker mug i bought - i got one in boots rather as i forgot when i ordered the shakes and i got the small plastic shaker and its a little rubbish.. all excited now :) i will just have to fight the urge to put fruit in though!

can i ask do you keep in in the cup when you freeze?

these really do sound great! cant wait to get mine :) im hoping they stay cool enough when frozen to take in car when im travelling

Tried it for the first time last night, but I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed. Granted, I didn't have any icecubes to put in it, but it was just the same as always. I was expecting a really nice thick milkshake. Will try it again with some ice and see if it's better. Bloody noisy though!! Totally did not expect the noise. Woah.

messyfreckle said:
Tried it for the first time last night, but I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed. Granted, I didn't have any icecubes to put in it, but it was just the same as always. I was expecting a really nice thick milkshake. Will try it again with some ice and see if it's better. Bloody noisy though!! Totally did not expect the noise. Woah.

It's the ice that makes the difference. Mine was wonderful - lots of ice, vanilla and two sweeteners. Great.

GSQ

It's the ice that makes the difference. Mine was wonderful - lots of ice, vanilla and two sweeteners. Great.

GSQ

Ah ha! In that case, I will pop to Tesco on the way home and buy a bag of ice :) Thanks!

Just made it with ice. Oooooh my god so yummy. Well worth the expense.

I already have some peppermint tea in the fridge cooling for my chocolate/mint shake in the morning. Yum yum yum!

messyfreckle said:
Just made it with ice. Oooooh my god so yummy. Well worth the expense.

I already have some peppermint tea in the fridge cooling for my chocolate/mint shake in the morning. Yum yum yum!

Oooooo what's this little trick? Peppermint tea and a chocolate shake? X

Back