Main meal?

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
What do you all do for your main meal? Do you prefer to get a reduced calorie ready meal or do you cook from scratch? Whats you fav thing to have for dinner while slimfasting?

I have been shopping and bought a chicken tikka masala GFY meal from Asda which I am really looking forward to trying, if it is nice then I can see it being my favourite.

I have ready meals but don't overly enjoy them... the Tesco macroni Cheese Light Choices is nice though! I like tuna pasta too and jacket spuds but they're higher kcals!

I had tesco light lasagne last night and a pile of veg, was lovely :)

Hi all,

I tend to have a mix of home cooked and ready meals. If im cooking a dinner thats not to bad for me to have then i will have a smaller portion than i would normaly and the ready meals are there for when im in a rush or the BF and kids are having something i cant really eat.

Also i find doing it like this means i dont have to eat much of the same thing as this has always been a problem for me when dieting. Cant stand having to always eat the same foods.

I cook from scratch, but will probably try ready meals when I start seeing some results, having said that I weighed myself yesterday on day 3 and appeared to have lost 2 lbs! suppose it will slow down after a while :sigh:

I am new to SF but have been on another diet similar to it, then and now my plan is to cook mainly home cooked meals, taking note of the amount of calories, for those nights with little time I resort to ready cook meals

I had salad the other night, with chicken and croutons and a little mayo. Was nice!

Jacket potato with a whole 415g tin of beans is very filling. It contains a lot of fibre and protein so will keep you fuller for longer.

I also love Quorn which is very low in calories and high in protein. You can get Quorn replacements for everything from chicken to ham to beef. The Quorn lasagne is amazing and only 420 kcals (500g) and contains 24g of protein.

4 quorn "chicken style" dippers, few tablespoons of beans and 200g of mccain home fries! A naughty little meal well within the 600kcal limit. And a weight watchers choc dessert, £1 for a pack of 2 in Tesco! I liked the Quorn "ham" and cheese escolopes too, and the sausages. But I thought the mince replacement was foul! It ruined my spag bol!!

Back