Step6 Maintenance Maintained for 6 mths

CambridgeKez

Hi All
I've just bobbed on to see how everyone's doing & notice this section is quiet. I thought I'd share with you all that I've now maintained for 6 mths. I have been on 2 holidays during this time both for 2 weeks & one being a cruise. Although I gained 2-3 lb when I returned from holiday, I lost it within a few days of healthy eating again, I think it was mainly th alcohol . I worked through all the steps at goal & I'm actually still 2 lb under goal. I think this is paramount. I don't calorie count but I make sensible choices & eat smaller meals till I'm full. I am not prepared to overeat or gorge & ruin the hard work I put in but I do have small treats at weekends but I up the exercise for it. I hope this helps those of you considering leaving & doing your own maintenance. The steps teach you to eat healthily. If you return to old eating habits you will return to your former weight. Good luck all x
G

Good

Hi

I remember you, well done, you look amazing and it's good to know people do maintain xx

Hi Kez, thats lovely to hear! My OH just reached goal and is working through the steps. I have lost 2 st 6 lbs and have 1 st 11lbs left to lose but then I'll be working through the steps when I'm at goal.

Would be lovely if you could give some ideas of the meals you had whilst on the various steps....also what do you eat in an average day now?

That's fantastic news! I'm only a stone away from goal now but it's coming off sooo slowly!!! I've being nervous about moving up the steps but its great to hear from someone who's gone through the steps and maintained! Well done you!!

Hi CambridgeKaz, have you continued maintaining? I kept the weight off for a year but it is now creeping back despite me trying to be healthy. Any suggestions or good advice please!

Back