Maintaining - it's two years now

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
Hello everyone especially those struggling.

It's now two years since I reached my goal weight. It's been an awful year, death of parent, serious family illness, and oh yes a trip to the NHS with cholecystits. But somehow I am still here, still size 12 - was 22-24. I am about half a stone up but that feels fine.

I exercise - swim lots, don't drink - (except a glass of champagne for serious celebrations) because I am incapable of only drinking one glass of wine. I just eat a healthy diet, vegetables, fruit, porridge, a bit of meat at the week end, lots of fish .... You know the stuff.

My general health is 100% better, knees no longer too painful to walk, cholesterol normal, no bad back, blood pressure low - I know it's all a bit nauseating isn't it?

But the reason I post is not to boast - but I am proud of myself- it's to offer support and encouragement to those struggling. The health benefits are enormous, being fat is a long term debilitating disease which stops you enjoying life and as you get older leads to more and more disability.

So it's not just about buying new clothes and feeling good - and my clothes buying addiction is a little more controlled, it's about feeling mentally, physically and emotionally good.

I have posted elsewhere that I saw Exante as a drug, take three packets a day, drink green tea and lots of water and it works. I wish I had done in my twenties rather than carry the sack of weight for so many years. It took me eight months of total solution. It was anti social, the constipation was a pain but I got through it.

I wish you well and hope you all get the support you need from family, friends and this site.

GSQ

Thanks for this very encouraging post. So happy for you that you have maintained your weight loss especially through a year of personal difficulties when many people would see this as a reason to turn to food - I would, certainly. I'm having trouble with one of my knees at the moment which is what has really driven me to try once and for all to get to grips with my weight as I hate being debilitated by this - it makes me feel so old (I'm 52 in three weeks). You should feel proud of yourself. Losing it in one thing, maintaining is another entirely. Here's wishing you continued good health and success in your size 12s.

Absolutely agree with Cate, to maintain is the ultimate goal, losing weight is hard enough but to keep it under control is the true test.

You are an inspiration to all of us here struggling day in day out that we can all get there!

Thanks so much for that! I find it particularly heartening as my starting stats were sort of similar to yours. Started at over 18st, lost a bit, messed up and started again at 16.12. Am now about 15.7 three weeks in and going reasonably strong! Well done you - you should be rightfully incredibly proud of yourself, and I'm so pleased you chose to share that with us, it's really lifted me today!

Thank you GSQ, love to read that you're still managing to maintain. Gives me motivation to succeed. A massive well done. xx

Sorry you had such an awful 2013. Have a happy and healthy 2014 :hug99: xx

Thanks for the motivational post :)

Sorry you had such a bad year, I can empathise - lost my Dad, two aunts, my sister was very ill..........:(

So I'm back here to try and repair the damage :eek:

Thanks for the motivational post :)

Sorry you had such a bad year, I can empathise - lost my Dad, two aunts, my sister was very ill..........:(

So I'm back here to try and repair the damage :eek:

Thank you for your kind words.

Good luck Darcy. It's an ongoing battle isn't it.? Relax a bit and on it goes. But it does go, stick to it. Use all the tricks, drink water, go to bed early, exercise, read, do your nails.
It's not Exante for life - its just a means to an end. Life happens
Good luck, good vibes and go for it.
GSQ.

Hi Getslimquick,

I admire your weight loss and your strength. I hope this year is going to be better for you :)
Could you please give me more details regarding maintenance? Did you follow the steps on Exante or did you do your own program? Would love to know more:D

Best of luck:bighug:

Hi GSQ

Hope all is going well for you :)

I'm back in the zone, and really hoping to join you in the Maintainers section at the end of the year :D

Back