Maintaining Motivation

lt52

Silver Member
So i've been doing Slimming world for 14 Months now and have pretty much lost everything. I exceed my target and seem to have plateaued my weight loss. I am really happy with how i look and now want to keep it up and not stop. I am very proud of loosing 5 stone and 7 pounds and feel much more healthier and better than how i was. After replacing an entire wardrobe as well i am more than super keen not to put it back on. I dropped from an XL to a M overall - man that has cost a bomb over the time.

The problem i have is i'm trying the same things, and for me i don't get enough 'new stuff' or 'new ideas'. I am sure there are so many but finding them is a little harder. I am desperate to keep it up, after all its a lifestyle change and i am glad i chose to make the move and now it does feel like i'm done.

So how can i keep going - is there anyone else out there in the same position as me? I am so happy with the new me and it is here to stay but i am finding myself getting a tad bored. Especially with pudding/desserts and chocolate. Any new inspiration out there?

The new plan isn't for me as its just for big weight losses in short times, which i may not really agree on lol

Look forward to your responses guys
Lee

Hi and well done on reaching your target, that's an amazing achievement. Why not have a look on here through the food diaries section and see if you can pick up any ideas. Also not sure if you are a group member, if you are you can search the website for new ideas/recipes. Or if you're not you can still look at the website for the current 7 day plan. Other than that there's the SW magazine, which has loads of ideas.
Hope this helps

Hi and well done on reaching your target, that's an amazing achievement. Why not have a look on here through the food diaries section and see if you can pick up any ideas. Also not sure if you are a group member, if you are you can search the website for new ideas/recipes. Or if you're not you can still look at the website for the current 7 day plan. Other than that there's the SW magazine, which has loads of ideas.
Hope this helps

Thanks for your response and kindness!

I forgot the magazine is out pretty soon. I don't go to the groups any more as i was getting all i needed from here and family support so it seemed a waste of money and time. Plus it was a bit hit and miss not the best group leader i have to say, bit of a let down.
I've not checked out other's food diaries for a while so good thinking on that one. The 7 day plan is good too as there's a good curry recipe i'd like to try but always fail at!

Thanks!

So i've been doing Slimming world for 14 Months now and have pretty much lost everything. I exceed my target and seem to have plateaued my weight loss. I am really happy with how i look and now want to keep it up and not stop. I am very proud of loosing 5 stone and 7 pounds and feel much more healthier and better than how i was. After replacing an entire wardrobe as well i am more than super keen not to put it back on. I dropped from an XL to a M overall - man that has cost a bomb over the time.

The problem i have is i'm trying the same things, and for me i don't get enough 'new stuff' or 'new ideas'. I am sure there are so many but finding them is a little harder. I am desperate to keep it up, after all its a lifestyle change and i am glad i chose to make the move and now it does feel like i'm done.

So how can i keep going - is there anyone else out there in the same position as me? I am so happy with the new me and it is here to stay but i am finding myself getting a tad bored. Especially with pudding/desserts and chocolate. Any new inspiration out there?

The new plan isn't for me as its just for big weight losses in short times, which i may not really agree on lol

Look forward to your responses guys
Lee

Congrats on getting to target, what an inspiration!

Do you have any cookbooks? Maybe buy a couple and a flick through them will provide you with some new things to try, I think it's easy with sw to stick to your 'staple' recipes and do them over and over - which is silly because there are soooo many things to try!

Have you considered trying a new group? Finding one with a C you get on with could help, or even just attending class once a month, keeps you motivated and still 'in the know' with whats happening. and gives you an opportunity to buy those cookbooks!

Do you do much exercise? Maybe if you found a sport/exercise you really enjoyed this would help you maintain, even if you do have the occasional slip up.

Just a few ideas, I'm ages away off target so can't offer too much help. Just didn't want to read and run!

Good luck! x

Congrats on getting to target, what an inspiration!

Do you have any cookbooks? Maybe buy a couple and a flick through them will provide you with some new things to try, I think it's easy with sw to stick to your 'staple' recipes and do them over and over - which is silly because there are soooo many things to try!

Have you considered trying a new group? Finding one with a C you get on with could help, or even just attending class once a month, keeps you motivated and still 'in the know' with whats happening. and gives you an opportunity to buy those cookbooks!

Do you do much exercise? Maybe if you found a sport/exercise you really enjoyed this would help you maintain, even if you do have the occasional slip up.

Just a few ideas, I'm ages away off target so can't offer too much help. Just didn't want to read and run!

Good luck! x

Aww thanks so much for the advice.... i think the group thing isn't a way forward for me - luckily my sister has started again after having a baby so i'm hoping to get more motivation and info from her.

I will be buying the new magazine and seeing what's happening when that comes out soon. I would buy a cook book but the only thing is, i am a little fussy with food so a lot of recipes tend to need tweaking and adapting and my food cooking skills are pretty poor so nothing ever tastes/looks/smells like what it should lol.

I do exercise everyday.... gentle at home walking based stuff. I'm not a big gym goer and never will be i don't need to pay a gym membership and have loads of equipment to get fit it just isn't me. I do, now i'm maintaining, a little less than i used to so i now do, half an hour and some sit ups everyday. I totally recommend it to anyone - so simple and i reckon if your good and don't do the arm stuff you can do your ironing or dusting while your at it lol.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully we can all support each other and the forum will help us out too, thats something i wanted to make sure i used more too.
Good luck on your target!

Lee

Wow! Well done on your fantastic weight loss! You are such an inspiration, especially as the gentlemen seem few and far between on here. :)

I'm not sure if this will help but I've just added a new dessert recipe to a thread I've put together. In fact, it's the last one I've added so would be easy for you to find. I know what you mean about desserts - they're quite tricky to fit in to the eating plan, without adding lots of Syns. :( Anyway, if you are interested, just click on the link below this message and you'll find it on the last page.

Good luck with your maintaining. :)

Kathy

My family are Pakistani/ Indian so I have grown up eating authentic curries and other South Asian foods. I just adapt my cooking to SW and don't use recipes or anything, so can't recommend a particular SW recipe, however, I did make a lamb curry with cauliflower rice this week which was okay, actually. I hadn't tried the cauliflower rice before this and will definitely be making it again. It might be worthwhile trying that with your curry recipes to see how you find it.

Wow! Well done on your fantastic weight loss! You are such an inspiration, especially as the gentlemen seem few and far between on here. :)

I'm not sure if this will help but I've just added a new dessert recipe to a thread I've put together. In fact, it's the last one I've added so would be easy for you to find. I know what you mean about desserts - they're quite tricky to fit in to the eating plan, without adding lots of Syns. :( Anyway, if you are interested, just click on the link below this message and you'll find it on the last page.

Good luck with your maintaining. :)

Kathy

Thank you so much - yeah the gentlemen seem a bit in the minority - you don't see so many active on here anyway.

I write this after giving into Ben and Jerry's at the cinema last night - whoopsie, we shall pretend that never happened!!!

I will check out your recipes - i am always looking for new things to try, i'm about to start some new controversial threads after doing some baking this week while off work. Yeah i do struggle with desserts - which is why i blame Ben and Jerrys!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

You're very welcome and, as for the B+J's, we have to give in to temptation sometimes! :D Look forward to the 'controversial' threads!

Kathy

You're very welcome and, as for the B+J's, we have to give in to temptation sometimes! :D Look forward to the 'controversial' threads!

Kathy

Haha, now i feel less guilty lol.
I've done one on Smash/Smash pizza and syn or not to syn it - i'm waiting to see what people say. I will do more but not just yet.

Thanks - i'll have a look :)

I love the whole debating bit..... going to have a look now....

Back