Maintaining with JUDDD?

LauraLooLa

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

A little about me, my most recent dieting journey (because, let's face it there's been a few) began on the 20th March, so, wow, 5 months ago now. I began calorie counting at 15st and as of Friday I was 11st 11.

Along the way I had a 5 week stint on Slim and Save and would definitely do it again but now that I'm not in so much of a rush and I only have a stone or so to go I can feel my motivation leaving me and I want to eat!

I've been reading about JUDDD since I joined MiniMins in April and I love how popular it has become. I must admit I've not seen the Horizon programme from the other week but have read all that I can on the tinterweb and I'm ready to give it a go!

In fact I unintentionally gave it a go towards the end of last week after having a couple of days of not feeling great so not eating much then eating lots inbetween!

I've been intentionally JUDDDing since Friday, I'm doing alternate days for now, so Saturday was a DD (hard, early night needed) and today is a DD (just sipping my first coffee). I intend to eat real food on DD's...if crackerbreads and soup count as real food??! I think I'll weigh in on Saturday.

I must admit to being nervous about the results as we all know it seems too good to be true sometimes but as my diary title suggests I'm putting my faith in it for a couple of weeks. The idea of gaining terrifies me, which is the only thing keeping me off the scales, I often have to remind myself that I will not gain back 45lbs if I have a curry!

What draws me to JUDDD is the feeling that this is something that makes sense as a lifestyle, to me it's possibly how a 'normal' person thinks, 'oh I've eaten lots today, I'll cut back tomorrow...' I like the idea that to eventually maintain one or two down days will do. Eeeek I'm excited!

I plan to enjoy my experiment, and lose a few lbs along the way...I will, I will, I will! And I look forward to chatting to you all!

PS. I'm clearly a waffler! X

Last edited:
Also :D I'm 27 and a Mummy to a 2 and a half year old little girl.

Whose toast I will not steal! X

Hi everyone,

A little about me, my most recent dieting journey (because, let's face it there's been a few) began on the 20th March, so, wow, 5 months ago now. I began calorie counting at 15st and as of Friday I was 11st 11.

Way to go, Laura!

Also :D I'm 27 and a Mummy to a 2 and a half year old little girl.

Whose toast I will not steal! X

Except on an UP day .... ;)

Welcome to JUDDD, look forward to getting to know you.

P x

Hey Laura lovely to have you here, you will be just dandy on this plan. welcome xxx

Awww thanks for the welcome ladies!

Going to keep myself occupied today by reading lots of JUDDD diaries so expect to see me popping up here, there and everywhere! X

Welcome to JUDDD. I am sure you will do brilliantly on it.

Greeneyes11 said:
Welcome to JUDDD. I am sure you will do brilliantly on it.

Thank you. I really hope so! :)

Thinking about food on a DD is possibly not the most productive thing I could be doing but I'm really surprised by the UD meals I'm planning.

After indulging my curry and wine fantasy yesterday I realise it's not just 'naughty' food (and drink) that I've been craving!
I really, really want a nice, fluffy, buttery jacket spud, and whilst they are not exactly unhealthy I've always considered them to be too expensive calorie-wise. Also to be able to add a banana to my porridge. Ooh pasta bake! A big roast dinner...ok, will stop now :D

Going to take my little buddy out to run some errands then my house is in need of a post weekend tidy up. Rock and Roll! X

Food plan for today:

Lunch
Wholemeal pitta 145
2 x slices wafer thin ham 26
Salad 7
Total: 178

Dinner
WW tomato soup 76
4 x crackerbreads 76
1 x laughing cow light 25
Total: 177

Snack (if needed)
WW fromage frais 48
Blueberries 19
Total: 67

That would bring me to either 355 (without snack) or 423 cals...I think. My head hurts :D

Also had black coffee, peppermint tea and lots of water.

I don't intend to count on UDs but after 5 months of CC I find it hard not to. Turns out I'm definitely not struggling to hit 2000! X

Ha ha, I dont struggle on UP days either, half a tub of Ben and Jerry's yesterday saw to that, plus 2 bacon rolls!!

Greeneyes11 said:
Ha ha, I dont struggle on UP days either, half a tub of Ben and Jerry's yesterday saw to that, plus 2 bacon rolls!!

That sounds like my kind of UD! Yesterday involved curry, wine and rocky road for me...possibly one of the best days of my life :D

MissHapp said:
Hello! Hope you enjoy ADF and well done on your loss so far!:D

Thank you :)

hannata said:
I've lived a life of up days so I've got that one down to perfection!!!

Ha Ha yeah that's true, mine are very reminiscent of the 'old' me! :D

Hi!

Welcome, your dd looks fab, gonna have to get me some pitas - love them with houmous and carrots

Congrats on your loss so far x

Thank you. Oooh I love houmous and pittas. In fact a nice mezze plate might have to go on my UD food list...it is growing at a rapid rate :D

Think I'm done eating for today.
Had the yog and bluebs but only 3 crackerbreads so a little over 400 cals.
2nd DD done and looking forward to tomorrow! I plan to start with a lovely big bowl of porridge. Nom! X

Anyone else wake up on an UD and feel all calm and serene? :D or is it just me.
I'm like ok I can eat, no rush. Whereas last night I was going a bit mental thinking about everything I was going to destroy upon waking :D

Back