Maintanence days over Christmas

AmyB88

Hi

I'm looking for some advice. I started TFR yesterday and intend to stick to it 100% between now and Christmas Day. I would like to eat Christmas dinner with my family but would be devastated if I put on the weight I have lost by then in one meal. I am thinking of having 2 shakes and the Christmas dinner. Do you think I would be able to maintain my loss or would I gain a lot doing that?

I plan on getting straight back onto TFR on Boxing Day until 30th December when I am going to Centre Parcs with my family. I am planning on doing the same there, 2 shakes for breakfast and lunch then dinner with my family so I don't feel completely deprived. I will be exercising whilst there and will keep my water intake high. I don't expect to lose any weight but hope to maintain until I get home and start back on TFR on 2nd January.

I'd be grateful for anyone's advice/experience doing this?

Thanks

Amy

Hi, I apologize if I sound a bit harsh, but if you aren't expecting to lose anything until after Christmas anyway and you are planning to cheat (excuse the phrasing) on the diet, why not save some money and some stress and start fresh in the new year? That way you can get all the weight off in one lump.

I think you've misunderstood me. I have stuck to TFR 100% since Tuesday and have lost 7lb since then. I will be sticking to it and losing more weight between now n Christmas Day. My question was, if I have 2 shakes and Christmas dinner, could I expect to maintain all I have lost up until that point. I understand the maintenance plan is 2 shakes and 1 meal per day. I wondered if anyone had done maintenance plan days for special occasions and then stuck to TFR the rest of the time and continued to lose weight

Hi Amy. The maintenance products are different from the TFR products. If you want to eat Christmas dinner you really need to refeed properly for the week before or you could become quite poorly. Have a look on the threads on the Lipotrim refeeding forum. You can still lose weight on your refeeding week. Also you need to make a decision before you go to centre parcs as to whether you are going to be 100% TFR or maintenance products and a meal a day. Again have a look on the Lipotrim maintenance forum. You will still lose weight but at a slower rate. Don't be tempted to be 100% TRF and then eat aswell because it can make you very ill. Also definitely no alcohol if you are 100% TFR. Best wishes to you it's a tricky time of year.

I've now edited to say that you could probably get away with having 2 shakes and a meal on Christmas day aslong as you stick to just turkey and veg. Definitely no carbohydrates, pudding or alcohol. But if you think that that will leave you wanting more then you'd probably be better off following the proper refeed prgramme the week before. You can get straight back onto TRF in Jan.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'm at the chemist for weigh in on Monday so will speak to them then. I don't want to risk putting weight on through eating 1 meal xx

Amy, the whole point of LT is that after 4 days or so your body goes into ketosis, when your appetite is blunted and you lose the cravings. If you go off the programme even for a snack, it can tip your body out of ketosis, and then you're right back to where you started, and have to go through the whole 4 day thing again. I totally sympathise with you cos I've been debating whether to have Christmas lunch and go back on LT on Boxing day, but to be honest, it's not worth it. I'll only get my cravings right back again.

I couldn't not eat over Christmas so tried to make the best choices but had just over a week off plan. I've managed to only put 2.6lb back on so im happy with that and back on TFR today :)

AmyB, hope you did okay with your few days. Bit of a moot point now probably, but if it can help check out some of my very old postings. I had a similar thing going on once when I wanted to drink alcohol and I'd been 100% for a couple of months. It was a bit tricky getting the responses that I wanted to hear on here!

Sometimes I think we ask questions (for permission) on these forums knowing full well what the answer is really.... go with your instinct. I did - I ate the day before my big drinking night out, kicked myself out of ketosis so I was safe. The next day went straight back onto TFR, was back into ketosis very quickly and still had a weight loss that week!!! Result.

A lot of how we do this is getting to a place where we understand ourselves, are confident in knowing our strengths and limitations blah blah blah.

Do let us know how you got on.

Lisa x

Back