Maintenance pondering... :p ???

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Lozzy Gozzy, 28 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Lozzy Gozzy

Lozzy Gozzy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie Counting <3
    Hi all you lovely people! :)

I'm hoping to start atkins tomorrow, however, I've got a few worries...

I'm a calorie counter and that's how I've lost my weight up to now, but it's not working anymore and I think I need something completely new, hence... atkins! :D

However, I don't want it to be a long term thing...

I just need to shift a couple of pounds...

I know there's phases and stages in atkins to gradually maintain and stabilise your weight by adding a carbs a bit more at a time...

But, do you think I'd be able to maintain after atkins by calorie counting? Say 1200 cals a day? I'd obviously not go uber over board on carbs, but I'd like to get them back in my diet one day... I don't eat things like white bread and pasta anyways...

So, basically... does anyone know if I can maintain after doing atkins for a while by calorie counting? Or will I just pile the weight on even though I'm eating a healthy diet and reducing my fat and calories?

Any advice would be soooooo appreciated! Because I'm getting a little upset and worked up with myself over it, because I know at heart i'm a calorie counter and would love to go back to it after atkins! :)

Now... off I go to play in the snow!! :D
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi lozzy, I'm not sure I can answer this really. Nothing worked for me apart from Atkins, and as it's still working for me I'm not really inclined to try anything else. I hope some one else can answer you here.
  4. Spinoza

Spinoza Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    VLCD (for now)
    Wow! Look how much you've lost Lozzy! Wonder why you're changing at all - have you hit a plateau? I'm losing about a pound a month at this stage - it seems to slow down as you approach your target weight on any diet, doesn't it?

Having said that, I absolutely love Atkins, wouldn't do any other diet ever again, so welcome and good luck!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.