Major hair loss :(

uklady

I wonder if anyone is having this problem after 3 months on 100% TFR. (I was on it for 5 months). I had very fine hair to start with but have very little left now :( I lost all my weight to feel better about how I look and now I actually feel worse than before I started. I really dont want to be negative because 100% really DOES work but I have now had to see a consultant because my hair is so bad, and I've even been asked to think about wearing a wig!! This is devastating because I'm getting married and I'm really struggling to come to terms with it. They say that it could take 6 months for my hair to grow back, but because I'm post menapausal, it might not come back at all. Has anyone else had a problem this bad??

Yup, I had pretty drastic hair loss after finishing TFR. It has grown back a little but nowhere near to the thickness it was pre TFR and it did take a while to come back, a good 6months maybe even more! :( x

Thanks Tanya ... at least I dont feel so alone with this. xx

I also lost quite a bit of hair, and my hair was already fine, but after a few months it was back to normal. Try not to worry too much about it, just give it time and it will come back to normal.

Thanks Mary ... Ive been getting quite paranoid about it :( The consultant doesnt want to see me for another 6 months... and with my crazy thinking, I wanted to say 'But it could have all gone by then!!' I think it mayyy have started to slow down now but it's hard to tell. It's certainly no better yet.

Oh my goodness, i finished TFR late last year and then lost about half my hair (not exaggerating) but didnt think it could be the diet :eek: my doctor said it could be the natural lifecycle of hair and that alot has died at once - dont think he was taking the volume of hair lost seriously.

i had thick hair to begin with so im not too bothered but im on the diet for a second time and dont want it to happen again, i was almost leaving a trail of breadcrumbs everywhere i went. but it will grow back, im getting there slowly :)

I stopped TFR at end of jan but my hair is still falling out, it was thick to start but I'm sure it'll start to become really obvious soon. It is everywhere, I just can't keep on top of it - it is very worrying

I was only on it for 6 weeks and stopped just before Christmas. Faffed around for a few weeks trying to get back on and eventually gave up. Hair started dropping out about 2 weeks after I stopped the diet and has only just stopped coming away in massive handfuls. I have long, very thick hair so to be honest the hair loss isn't an issue, although it just coming out in handfulls is quite scary and was part of the reason I never got back on the diet. I know it looks like more hair because it's so long but 6 weeks on diet followed by 2 months of shedding like a dog isn't a very nice thing to happen. Am about to restart VLCD for 6 weeks to lose last 1.5 stone. I can see new hair growth has come through so starting to feel a bit better about it.... I know it will stop now growing now and then start falling out again when I come off it but at least there is some new regrowth so I shouldn't have patches... Hope it comes back UK Lady. You've worked so hard to look fabulous xxxx

Back