Making 2012 Count!

LadyBethny

I have had such inspiration from reading the diary blogs on this forum I thought I would jump on the bandwagon!

Decided that 2012 is going to be my year. 2011 definitely wasn't for lots of reasons but thats done now.. looking forward is the only way.

Loving the SW diet so far, weight loss is quite slow (7lb in 3 weeks) but am hoping the slower it comes off the more I will gain in the change of lifestyle!

My weight problem is due to the fact that I love food and drink!!! There isn't anything I don't enjoy and my portion sizes are a nightmare added to the social butterfly in me - always out and about - and I absolutely love a few wines.... large ones!

I am following the EE plan for now as its seems ridiculouly easy - it has been very, well extra easy! ;) Still getting my head around the HEXs and syns... but definitely understanding more and more each day... hoping my logging my musings on here will help too.

So determined to lose 6 stone and be able to run 5k in 40 mins by December. Can just about walk up one flight of stairs without passing out... don't like it so I am changing it!

So.... here goes! :)

Janie xx

Hi, welcome. This forum really is a great support and I do find writing down my food and feelings for the day does really help keep me on track. Well done on your loss so far! :)

Thank you! I have been stalking you! Haha! Thought I should start posting more!

The site is really friendly - some great tips and inspiration - just what I need :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you! I have been stalking you! Haha! Thought I should start posting more!

The site is really friendly - some great tips and inspiration - just what I need :)

I think I'd have given up long ago if it weren't for the tips/ideas on here. Are you doing it at home or with a group?

Good luck.
Sounds like you've had a great start.
I'm hitting SW as of tomorrow, my friend lost 5.5st over the course of a year!
She looks fabulous and has run her first marathon in the last few months.
I'm sure we can hit our goals if we stay focused x

Chipmunk89 said:
I think I'd have given up long ago if it weren't for the tips/ideas on here. Are you doing it at home or with a group?

I am doing it at home / I joined a club last year but with one thing and another never went so I have all the literature. Once I make my mind up about something I can be very determined so I don't need the weekly club. This site is great support too!

Your food diary has given me lots of ideas!

X

Mrs-B said:
Good luck.
Sounds like you've had a great start.
I'm hitting SW as of tomorrow, my friend lost 5.5st over the course of a year!
She looks fabulous and has run her first marathon in the last few months.
I'm sure we can hit our goals if we stay focused x

Definitely! It's all in the preparation and determination! Let's do it! ;) xx

I am doing it at home / I joined a club last year but with one thing and another never went so I have all the literature. Once I make my mind up about something I can be very determined so I don't need the weekly club. This site is great support too!

Your food diary has given me lots of ideas!

X

I'm doing it at home too. As well as just not thinking group is for me, I can't really afford it. I try to do Zumba twice a week if I can (£4 each time) so I'd rather spend my money on that than group when I know I can motivate myself. I may try group one day if I really start struggling... but right now I can't see that happening :)

Glad I've given you some ideas! :D

Hi LadyBethny, good luck on your s/w journey. I too find that keeping a food diary helps, also I'm following s/w from home at the moment..until I get back to my target, then I might think about going back to group. :)

Donna - that is one of my reasons too! It's not a lot on its own but it all builds up!

Hi Suzy! Doing it at home seems to be quite popular :) I have a wii fit that I weigh on and that can make you feel like its telling you off so it's all good! :)

Magic Porridge is my breakfast friend this morning - with blueberries joining the party - yum!

Have great Mondays everyone!

Well! Off to Leeds today for a department away day - full of temptations of goodies and beverages! However! I am fully prepared with a bag full of yummy fruit and a big pot of magic porridge! Have also ordered just a main course of chicken and veg for the drunch (its late for lunch and too early for dinner). Mindset is good!

Ha! Take that diet sabotage! \o/

Thank you Suzy!

Well on my way home - had some yummy chicken and veg and a couple of tiny jacket pots. Only syn would have been the sauce! Feeling so chuffed with myself that it feels better than anything would have tasted.... Well, minus the wine... No! Including the wine.... Or..... ;)

Also managed to drink lots of water and a few green teas! All shiny in my day x

Busy week which is usually my excuse for giving up any healthy eating plan! However, this time has just made me even more determined! It's a circle of the more smug I get about being on plan the more I stick to plan!!

Lots of fruit and water have been my friends!

I never drink hot chocolate - never really seen the point! But I brought an Options sachet - just in cases - then last night had a real craving for chocolate due to TOM so thought I might as well give the sachet a go - it was soooooo good! Even 3 weeks in and I have been appreciating the taste of foods that I would usually dismiss or eat but not taste if that makes sense. Hot chocolate and oranges being top of that list!!

I might even go full out and have a bovril at football tomorrow night!!! :)

Have super Thursdays lovely people xx

It's FA Cup Friday! Instead of 5 pints + I will treat myself to a few diet cokes and maybe a half time Bovril!

Only ate fruit and an Alpen bar yesterday as was so busy with work - I know this won't do me any good weight loss wise. The day just ran away from me.

Lots of water, exercise and a huge chicken salad today before losing my voice cheering on my beloved Spurs.

Busy weekend but am now planning my week's meals and doing some cooking. This week is going to be a bit odd plan wise so I need to get very organised!

I am off to see Snow Patrol on Friday in Manchester. What's wrong with that you may ask - well I am totally obsessed with Gary Lightbody so I queue all day to get to the front! I hardly eat/drink anything after 11am. I am thinking water and fruit with Alpen Bars. I do realise this is so not right but damage limitation is the name of the game!

Anyway, off to cook my dinners for the week and get the salads and fruit prepared for the week!

Happy Sundays all x

Back