making my own tortilla wraps free ?

sammi.g

Silver Member
hi i normally make my own tortilla wraps as i find the shop ones a bit pappy and stick to the roof of your mouth, i know ww are free, so i did a bit of investigating via google to find out why, and apparently it is because they have added fibre

i normally make mine

flour about 8oz i guess, i dont weigh it
salt
boiling water, just enough to bind it
and tsp of butter or olive oil

leave to rest for 10 minutes,

take a golf ball size piece of dough and roll it thinly in to whatever shape you need

heat heavy based pan to pretty hot, then put your tortilla on pan (no oil) and as soon as brown spots appear, turn over, each side should take about 30 seconds,(dont over cook or they wont be soft) place in a clean teatowel and cover until all are cooked, makes about 8.

my thought is if i replace a tblsp of flour with wholewheat bran powder, cld i count these as free do you think ?

Hi, these look interesting and I would be interested in the reply.Sorry I cant help though.

ive decided they are free ! if i add the 100% whearbran, as they have the same ingredients without all the extra additives that the ww ones have and tbh they are much nicer lol, i made some yesterday, they are so easy to make and they tasted just the same, i bought 'jordan's' 100% wheat bran from asda, 78p for a big bag so i can add it to other things too, tonight i've added it to a spoonful of flour to coat my fish in and then will fry it in the 2tsp of olive oil your allowed per day, weigh in tomorrow :eek: x

Back