Malta

pixie-gem

Gold Member
Hi guys, hubby and I have been thinking of going here in June for a week, have priced it up and it's not bad at all about £600 total include flights and breakfast, and warm weather (yay)

Has anyone been there? Is there enough to keep us busy for a week? Or is it more a weekend place?

Thanks for any info you could give :) x

Hi,
hubby and I just come back from Malta after spending a month there.
Stayed at the Seabank Resort & Spa in Mellieha.All inclusive.
Absolutely love Malta. Not the prettyest island in the world, but people are so friendly & helpful. Very cheap buses( 1.5 euros per day unlimited trips up to 10pm or 6.50 euros for 7 days) As the island is only 19 miles long it means you can go anywhere with no need to go on expensive hotel/tourist trips. It gets really hot July & August. Hope this helps

Thank you so much! I've been looking at hotel reviews and confusing myself so it's great to hear a recommendation.
Hubby is interested in the history. Is there anything other than bars to do in the evening?

Malta has tons of history. Far too much to fit into a week. Nightlife depends on where you stay. Sliema or St Julians best places. Mellieha where we stayed very very quiet in evenings. You must visit Gozo if you go. Also Rabat, Valletta, Mdina.

We have looked at quite a few hotels/apartments in Buggiba if you are thinking of there. Buggiba one of our favourite places to watch Bocci.

We haven't decided on anywhere other than Malta so far, hubby is really interested in the history and photography opportunities for me.

There are just so many hotels we are struggling to decide. We have just got back from Gibraltar and everything other than pubs were shut from 7pm so we were generally bored of an evening so would like an area with things to do, anything like cinema/theatre/bowling etc

Is there an area that is best for that? I know we were definitely planning on getting the ferry over to Gozo.

It will be the first week in September so hopefully a lot of the tourists will be back home for school/work

Thank you very much for your help, I clearly need to do more research lol :)

Malta has tons of history. Far too much to fit into a week. Nightlife depends on where you stay. Sliema or St Julians best places. Mellieha where we stayed very very quiet in evenings. You must visit Gozo if you go. Also Rabat, Valletta, Mdina.
Loved Malta , only let down is the beaches I think its golden bay they have the best Beach but loved it as was on and off buses going here and there . went on open top bus where you get on and off all day , we over rode our stop and it was the last bus well they were so helpful he called his mate the driver to get us on a coach to take us to our hotel ... such lovely people my friends mum is maltese . Went to gozo got ferry over. Really it was lovely holiday . Yes st Julians bay was nice . this year I'm going to stay in the uk in Devon , clovelly

Absolutey LOVE Malta! Its beautiful, cheap and there is a ton of stuff to do, too much for one week! You can even swim with dolphins! A must do in my opinion is to go over to Gozo and do the jeep safari, one of the best day trips I've ever done!

Back