Man On A Mission!

EximiusAstrum

Hi Guys, so I've decided to start my Shake and Save Journey and thought it would be wise to document my journey on here, mainly for the support off you guys but also to show my hopeful success.

A little bit about me:

Name: Daniel
Occupation: Complaints Handler/Counsellor for Childline/Researcher for a refugee charity
Education: Currently at university studying Social Policy and start Masters in Social Work next year.

Stats:
Height: 177cm (5ft 10")
Weight: 14stone 9lbs (92.9kg)
BMI: 29.7

At my heaviest I was 18 stone back in 2008, I then went to 12 stone 5lbs after a break up with my ex partner of 5 years, since starting university in 2009 the wieght has slowly crept on and I've gained rough 2.5 stone back - I don't look fat or overweight (my friends think I'm mad for doing the diet) and I exercise quite a bit (recently competed in ToughMudder 2012 in Cheshire), but I just know I need to shift some weight to feel good about myself again.

So, I did start the shake diet yesterday (the toffee and hazelnut shakes are like heaven) and lasted until 10pm after my shift at Chidlline, the shift was tough and I had a lot of self-harmer calls/chats which made me feel down, anyway I found £5 in my wallet and bought burger and chips - isn't it weird how when you are restricting yourself from food, you crave or eat food you wouldn't normally eat - I've never been a burger or chip fan - ah well, I wrote that off and started again today.

Wednesday 21/11/2012:

Breakfast: Banana shake (mmmmmmm!)
Lunch: Chocolat Truf Bar
Dinner: Rasberry shake (not a fan tbh)
Supper: Tomato soup (yet to be eaten at the point of writing this.

So far so good, I've taken my multi-vitamin and have been to the toilet more times than I can remember.

All I can say is wish me luck and I'll keep updating this as and when :jelous:

Good luck Daniel. If you find the soups a bit bland, add a few drops of hot sauce - Encona or Tabasco. I can't eat my soups without Encona Hot Pepper Sauce anymore. I do JUDDD (eat normally one day, then about 500 cals the next day), on my diet days I use Exante shakes, soups and bars. This diet suits me because I am only ever one day away from whatever I might crave. I'm sure you will do really well on Slim and Save.

Hi Daniel, Wishing you good luck on your weight loss journey. There are lots of support/friendly advice here.
You are among friends.x :welcome:

Day two and everything is going ok.

Breakfast: caramel shake (delicious)
Lunch: chocolate and almond bar
Snack: tomato soup (added black and cayenne pepper)
Dinner: 2 boiled eggs

Is it ok to eat the eggs? I'm at a friends and forgot a shake so had the eggs. Hope so.

Bit of an eventful day: lecture cancelled which enabled me to get loads of work done on my report, work cancelled due to the bbc and police turning up - will find out what's going on and revert - means I get tomorrow off too :)

I also had my appraisal at childline and it's all good feedback - turning out to being a good week (apart from the possible loss of employment)

Hope everything is ok with everyone!

Eggs are fine hun, you can have two a day as your protein,id probably make an omelette though with veggies to fill yourself up more, your doing well,keep it up,Goodluck xxx

I hate macronutrients cheese as it is so think ill leave that one!

I'm not a fan of coffee either so a little bit wary of the latte one - thinking I might make it into a mousse?

Good luck Daniel. If you find the soups a bit bland, add a few drops of hot sauce - Encona or Tabasco. I can't eat my soups without Encona Hot Pepper Sauce anymore. I do JUDDD (eat normally one day, then about 500 cals the next day), on my diet days I use Exante shakes, soups and bars. This diet suits me because I am only ever one day away from whatever I might crave. I'm sure you will do really well on Slim and Save.

Does this work then? Do u see losses? Thinking it might be a good maintenance diet after S&S

EximiusAstrum said:
I hate macronutrients cheese as it is so think ill leave that one!

I'm not a fan of coffee either so a little bit wary of the latte one - thinking I might make it into a mousse?

Haha! Defo leave the macaroni cheese,can't describe how vile it is lol I always have the cafe latte hot with sweetners and milk,not usually a big coffee fan but I love it! I haven't tried making the shakes into mousse yet,its just sat there staring at me,too scared to try it Incase its horrible or I do it wrong ! Xx

Haha! Defo leave the macaroni cheese,can't describe how vile it is lol I always have the cafe latte hot with sweetners and milk,not usually a big coffee fan but I love it! I haven't tried making the shakes into mousse yet,its just sat there staring at me,too scared to try it Incase its horrible or I do it wrong ! Xx

That's what I worried about but my porridge biscuits turned out ok :) least if I try the mousse with the latte I won't feel I've wasted one :)

I'm finding the diet pretty easy so far - looking forward to seeing losses. It will be hard this weekend as got a date and I usually sink 3 bulmers and 2 bottles of wine on a Friday night! Still be nice to save money and be sober for one, ha! :D

EximiusAstrum said:
That's what I worried about but my porridge biscuits turned out ok :) least if I try the mousse with the latte I won't feel I've wasted one :)

I'm finding the diet pretty easy so far - looking forward to seeing losses. It will be hard this weekend as got a date and I usually sink 3 bulmers and 2 bottles of wine on a Friday night! Still be nice to save money and be sober for one, ha! :D

Its good that you're finding it easy! I find it quite easy too,I miss food though, weekends are the hardest,I've told my girls im not going out until Christmas eve! And im not a huge drinker but oh my I crave alcohol on this diet,every night I've craved a different drink,bulmers sounds amazing! Lol xx

Its good that you're finding it easy! I find it quite easy too,I miss food though, weekends are the hardest,I've told my girls im not going out until Christmas eve! And im not a huge drinker but oh my I crave alcohol on this diet,every night I've craved a different drink,bulmers sounds amazing! Lol xx

Haha! Drink is my vice. I generally eat very well and absolutely love cooking, so I'm missing that more than eating tbh. Well it'll be my first weekend so hopefully ill get through. I'm out next Saturday though for World Aids Day - but determined to stick to the plan during the day and again on Sunday.

EximiusAstrum said:
Haha! Drink is my vice. I generally eat very well and absolutely love cooking, so I'm missing that more than eating tbh. Well it'll be my first weekend so hopefully ill get through. I'm out next Saturday though for World Aids Day - but determined to stick to the plan during the day and again on Sunday.

Im sure you'll get through it,maybe take a bar for lunch if you're out all day? Or boiled eggs.....I used to get moaned at when I was on Atkins for taking boiled eggs to work because they stink,the things we do for a nice slim body eh? Aha x

OMG!! Chilli with added mushrooms and green beans! Actually like a meal.

Just ordered 2 weeks worth of all my favourite ones - really enjoying this diet!

Back